Archived Topic

Cruz Head of DOJ?

by Ddawg · 11/16/2016

Advertisement
D
Ddawg
Note - reports are that Ted Cruz is on the "short list" of candidates to be the new attorney general and head up the DOJ. A vigorous DOJ house cleaning is in order.



It's been floated that Trump could nominate Cruz to the Supreme Court - which Cruz has said he isn't interested in. With all the corruption with the DOJ for the past 8 years, I would love to see Cruz run the DOJ.



Important side-bar note: Trump's most trusted "whisperer" is his campaign manager Kellyanne Conway. Donald Trump listens to Kellyanne and trusts her - as he should (he wouldn't have won the presidency without her guidance and steady hand). Well, Kellyanne ran a Super-PAC for Ted Cruz, and supported Ted Cruz for president before he dropped out of the race (then joined Trump's campaign). I would think Kellyanne would whisper good things into Trump's ear on behalf of Cruz.
B
byufan4ever
Interesting. I'm a huge fan of Cruz.
J
jvquarterback
Well we'll see if he really believes in the 4th amendment. My guess is no.
S
snoscythe
jvquarterback wrote:
Well we'll see if he really believes in the 4th amendment. My guess is no.


I'm interested in a little bit more background on this take. And who is that he we are talking about? Trump, or Cruz?
J
jvquarterback
Both. Cruz said some good things while he ran for Senator of Texas. He's abandoned many of them including defense of the 4th amendment. Once you get a little power many people begin to abandon their principles. Look no further than George Bush and Barack Obama for that.



https://www.govtrack.us/congress/votes/114-2016/s108



http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2015/12/ted-cruz-is-right-nsa-reform-bill-allows-more-spying/457530/



http://reason.com/archives/2015/05/14/rand-paul-versus-ted-cruz-4th-amendment



If you want his flip flop on criminal sentencing reform here you go:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/jacobsullum/2016/01/28/ted-cruz-abandons-criminal-justice-reform-on-his-way-to-the-white-house/#e67cdd96e13d



And again on states rights with respect to marijuana:

http://txcann.com/ted-cruz-flip-flops-on-states-legalizing-marijuana/
Advertisement
S
snoscythe
jvquarterback wrote:
Both. Cruz said some good things while he ran for Senator of Texas. He's abandoned many of them including defense of the 4th amendment. Once you get a little power many people begin to abandon their principles. Look no further than George Bush and Barack Obama for that.



https://www.govtrack.us/congress/votes/114-2016/s108



http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2015/12/ted-cruz-is-right-nsa-reform-bill-allows-more-spying/457530/



http://reason.com/archives/2015/05/14/rand-paul-versus-ted-cruz-4th-amendment


Thanks. I was honestly curious as to your specific concern.
J
jvquarterback
snoscythe wrote:
Thanks. I was honestly curious as to your specific concern.


Mike Lee would be better. I'd rather have him on the SCOTUS though.
B
BoiseBYU
I'm not sure I want as head of USDOJ the son of the man who assassinated Kennedy, and a Canadian to boot.... ;)
D
Ddawg
jvquarterback wrote:

Mike Lee would be better. I'd rather have him on the SCOTUS though.


Not much chance of that. Sen. Michael Shumway Lee refused to endorse Trump, called on him to drop out of the race, and voted for McMullin. I suspect Lee will not make the short list. Cruz on the other hand, after a bruising and personal primary, endorsed Trump and campaigned for him. Politics is about relationships.
B
BoiseBYU
Ddawg wrote:

Mike Lee would be better. I'd rather have him on the SCOTUS though.


Not much chance of that. Sen. Michael Shumway Lee refused to endorse Trump, called on him to drop out of the race, and voted for McMullin. I suspect Lee will not make the short list. Cruz on the other hand, after a bruising and personal primary, endorsed Trump and campaigned for him. Politics is about relationships.


In today's world, politics is actually about selling your soul. Thank goodness there are a few like Senator Lee unwilling to do so. He is too conservative for my tastes, but I can respect a person who sticks to his principles instead of being a flip flopping liar like the democrat candidate for president and the president elect.
Advertisement
B
BoiseBYU
On a cheerful note, if Cruz were to get nominated, he'd probably get a unanimous vote in the Senate, democrats and republicans alike--anything to get the guy out of the Senate :)
D
Ddawg
Of course politics is about selling your soul. It's also about money, effective communication, promising the moon and not delivering (time honored tradition of deceit), and building relationships. Politics is wonderful (sarcasm).



It's been said, the only difference between war and politics is the spilling of a little blood.



It's comical how prostitution is referred to a "the world's oldest profession." In reality, politics (which is merely the game or "art" of persuading people to support your position - hence support you), began in the Garden of Eden. It began when the serpent convinced Eve, then Eve convinced Adam, etc, etc.



It all points to the fact that politics - or the game of persuasion - is a long standing tradition with serious consequences.



Ah well ...... let the game continue .....

:-)
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.