The first set was a 25-13 blowout for BYU similar - but opposite - to their loss in Set 3 yesterday with blocks all over the place. UCLA came back to make the second set a respectable UCLA loss then looked like they would win the third set going away. We came from four down to survive several UCLA match points leading to a 29-29 tie. Then with Coach Olmstead's surprising sub-in Tim Dobbert serving two amazingly good serves, BYU closed the door on the match. I think that's an all-time 32-31 record against UCLA with seven straight victories over them. It seems likely we'll see them again this year but they'll have their two injured All-Americans back.
The BYU crowd was thunderous again and did a good job of getting in the opponents' heads. The game was broadcast over the WCC network and I think it's available to watch again. Their announcers were much better than past WCC announcers at knowing the game, the players, the coaches, and the location.
Go Cougs. I don't know who we play next but I trust Scott to keep us in the know.