Archived Topic

Vs BYU-H

by scott715 · 11/10/2016

Advertisement
S
scott715
L.J. Rose started Wednesday and finished with four points, eight rebounds and 10 assists in 19 minutes. Childs double double 10 pts and rebounds.
G
Guest
Rose looked really good, Childs looked very good.



BYU had no problems with the seasiders, as expected.
B
byufan4ever
While the quality of competition was quite low and I only saw the second half, it appears Rose could almost be a Collinsworth type player and Childs numerous dunks were fun to watch. Obviously against greater opponents he's not getting 5 dunks a game, but what's impressive is that he doesn't need much time or space. He makes his moves quick and "gets up" to the rim very quick, before defenders can react.
B
BoiseBYU
The Childs' put back was more like a put down ; it was epic....We've got some guys who can really shoot too. And Mika!! And Rose with the 5 o'clock shadow! :) (I know he has a beard card, but I like the 5:00 shadow instead )
Advertisement
B
BlueK
the defense in the second half was actually pretty good. They made mistakes in the first half, but I think they got much better. It only has to be decent. It doesn't have to be great for this to be a really good season.
K
kjjson
I know this was against BYU-Hawaii, but when was the last time BYU had 7 players in double figures? I loved Shaw's hustle and positioning on the offensive glass. 5 offensive rebounds and 11 points in only 7 minutes of play. I don't think we will see him much, but he sure made the most of his time last night.
Q
Qman
So my two cents... I finally had time to watch the game.



Here are some rapid fire observations:



Wow this team has a lot more ball handling this year.



Rose is a legit D1 senior PG. He knows how manipulate the D to get his team the shot he wants. Don't think he wants to score.



Haws has a higher level of skill than I remember for any BYU player since Jimmer. But is just so thin.



Emery looks little less wild but basically the same good player.



Mika is going to catch a lot of lobs after our guys break down the D.



Minutes we invest in Childs early will play off later this year. He has the tools to be awesome but his head needs to catch up to the game.



Bryant aggressive to point of forcing bad shots. He has some good size and athletic ability without great quickness. He needs to learn how to use his talents to find good shots.



Mika, Davis and Childs are clearly the two 3 bigs. I wonder who is going to separate themselves as the 4th big out of Dastrup, Aytes and Shaw.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.