S
scott715I know this is way too early, but the Sione Takitaki news today has me hyped. I believe his presence in the pass rush next year is so HUGE for the defense (he's the pass rusher we're missing this year!) This excitement caused me to ponder the entire possible 2-deep:
QB - Mangum, Hoge notes: Tanner will be a better fit for the pro style offense Ty wants, we all know he's more of a pocket passing talent than Taysom.
RB - Canada, Burt notes: Very encouraged by Squally getting meaningful action this season and looking good. Very high on Burt's talent. Should be a very good 1-2 platoon.
WR - Trinnaman, Laulu-Pututau, Tanner, Simon, Davis WR notes: Trinnaman will catch more deep balls with Tanner, expect a breakout senior year from him (consider the growth Blackmon made in year 2, and junior Jonah > junior Devon). MLP is just a sophomore, I expect very good things in his upper classmen years. Tanner is intriguing, hopefully will live up to the speed hype. I'm very high on Micah Simon, he looked awesome in the spring game; I love really athletic HS QB's making the transition to WR, he has YAC talent, I expect a breakout year from Micah.
TE - Balderee, Marshall notes: Balderee and Marshall have both shown flashes this year. I believe year 2 of this platoon will be very solid.
OL - Koroma, Lapuaho, Kanuch, Norman, Nwigwe, Hoyt, Shoaf, Jimenez notes: 4 starters back and 8 guys from the 2-deep. I like the prospects of this group with all of the experience coming back and another year under Empey coaching them up.
DE - Takitaki, Kaufusi, Pili, Kaumatule notes: Takitaki's presence will be HUGE. He is such a talent in the pass rush. I expect a double digit sack season from him, provided he sticks on the team. Kalani and Tuiaki are the perfect mentors for him to help him keep his act together and stay on the field. Kaufusi has shown flashes this year, I love his upside with another year of football conditioning and experience. I expect a big senior year from Corbin.
DT - Tanielu, Mo'unga, Taliauli, Fuga I have been very encouraged by Tanielu coming on of late. I like how both he and Mo'unga project with another year in the Tuiaki system and another year of conditioning and getting stronger.
OLB - Bernard, Fonua
MLB - Pau'u, Pulsipher
OLB - Warner, Unga
notes: Is there a better looking group on the team next season than the returning trio of Pau'u, Warner, Bernard? These 3 will be one of the best LB trios in the country next year.
I know this is way too early, but the Sione Takitaki news today has me hyped. I believe his presence in the pass rush next year is so HUGE for the defense (he's the pass rusher we're missing this year!) This excitement caused me to ponder the entire possible 2-deep:
QB - Mangum, Hoge notes: Tanner will be a better fit for the pro style offense Ty wants, we all know he's more of a pocket passing talent than Taysom.
RB - Canada, Burt notes: Very encouraged by Squally getting meaningful action this season and looking good. Very high on Burt's talent. Should be a very good 1-2 platoon.
WR - Trinnaman, Laulu-Pututau, Tanner, Simon, Davis WR notes: Trinnaman will catch more deep balls with Tanner, expect a breakout senior year from him (consider the growth Blackmon made in year 2, and junior Jonah > junior Devon). MLP is just a sophomore, I expect very good things in his upper classmen years. Tanner is intriguing, hopefully will live up to the speed hype. I'm very high on Micah Simon, he looked awesome in the spring game; I love really athletic HS QB's making the transition to WR, he has YAC talent, I expect a breakout year from Micah.
TE - Balderee, Marshall notes: Balderee and Marshall have both shown flashes this year. I believe year 2 of this platoon will be very solid.
OL - Koroma, Lapuaho, Kanuch, Norman, Nwigwe, Hoyt, Shoaf, Jimenez notes: 4 starters back and 8 guys from the 2-deep. I like the prospects of this group with all of the experience coming back and another year under Empey coaching them up.
DE - Takitaki, Kaufusi, Pili, Kaumatule notes: Takitaki's presence will be HUGE. He is such a talent in the pass rush. I expect a double digit sack season from him, provided he sticks on the team. Kalani and Tuiaki are the perfect mentors for him to help him keep his act together and stay on the field. Kaufusi has shown flashes this year, I love his upside with another year of football conditioning and experience. I expect a big senior year from Corbin.
DT - Tanielu, Mo'unga, Taliauli, Fuga I have been very encouraged by Tanielu coming on of late. I like how both he and Mo'unga project with another year in the Tuiaki system and another year of conditioning and getting stronger.
OLB - Bernard, Fonua
MLB - Pau'u, Pulsipher
OLB - Warner, Unga
notes: Is there a better looking group on the team next season than the returning trio of Pau'u, Warner, Bernard? These 3 will be one of the best LB trios in the country next year.
S - Hanneman, Hadley, Jacobson, Wilcox notes: Nacua will be greatly missed, but I think Hanneman and Hadley will be a solid duo. I expect Wilcox to be moved to S.
CB - Warner, Lake, McChesney, Sherman, Armstrong notes: I really like how Warner and Lake project out as the starting duo next year with more experience under their belts. Both very talented guys obviously, have to remind myself they're both just freshmen this year!

