Archived Topic

Matangi Tonga

by Mars · 1/6/2010

Advertisement
C
CougarClaw
maybe that's how good 'ole petey allowed Kaveinga to leave. He called Bronco and said, if I let this guy go, who will you send me in return?
L
Lawboy
Funny that those schools want him so bad, considering he is a 1* guy, right? yeah, those ratings clearly are spot on.
B
beauso79
It still pisses me off that we aren't even considering this guy. Especially when the D-Line could use his help but if we somehow get Heimuli all will be forgotten
S
snoscythe
beauso79 wrote:
It still pisses me off that we aren't even considering this guy. Especially when the D-Line could use his help but if we somehow get Heimuli all will be forgotten


?????



We considered him, recruited him, and landed him. He just couldn't keep himself in school.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
Advertisement
B
byutx
CougarClaw wrote:
maybe that's how good 'ole petey allowed Kaveinga to leave. He called Bronco and said, if I let this guy go, who will you send me in return?

You've got it all wrong. Kaveinga is leaving BECAUSE they are recruiting Tonga. He doesn't want to risk having his ipod, laptop, etc. stolen.
B
byutx
beauso79 wrote:
It still pisses me off that we aren't even considering this guy. Especially when the D-Line could use his help but if we somehow get Heimuli all will be forgotten

The kid is cancer to a team, especially this team, which has several of his former teammates. It would piss me off if we WERE considering this guy, unless he had truly repented.
J
jonnylingo
I believe he was a four star coming out of high school. either way he is very talented.



I heard that ricky is extremely lazy from a guy that plays on the brighton team with him. he says that he will never go to byu simply because his grades aren't good enough.



in his opinion he has the talent but only uses it sometimes. I am not totally sure if he is a good fit at byu.
F
frdbtr
I have heard Bronco asked about Matangi many times in interviews. I know from his answers that BYU/Bronco has tried very hard to get him back. He is going elsewhere for reasons other then what he was originally booted for. None of us know what those reasons are.
Advertisement
E
EM_Puma
byutx wrote:
maybe that's how good 'ole petey allowed Kaveinga to leave. He called Bronco and said, if I let this guy go, who will you send me in return?

You've got it all wrong. Kaveinga is leaving BECAUSE they are recruiting Tonga. He doesn't want to risk having his ipod, laptop, etc. stolen.


Sweet!



I don't think Matangi has the maturity to come back to BYU that Manase had. Manase just didn't get the job done in the classroom, but turned things around. Mantangi's issue was alltogether different. I don't think if I was Matangi and I had the reputation I had at BYU that caused me to be dismissed that I want to come back there. I understand his wanting to go elsewhere and I hope he does well. We don't have either of those schools on our schedule, so he won't be playing against us unless he ends up in the Las Vegas Bowl. He was gifted as a football player, but his actions off the field demonstrated that he wasn't of the fiber of what it takes to be a BYU athlete.
B
beauso79
byutx wrote:
maybe that's how good 'ole petey allowed Kaveinga to leave. He called Bronco and said, if I let this guy go, who will you send me in return?

You've got it all wrong. Kaveinga is leaving BECAUSE they are recruiting Tonga. He doesn't want to risk having his ipod, laptop, etc. stolen.


byutx wrote:
It still pisses me off that we aren't even considering this guy. Especially when the D-Line could use his help but if we somehow get Heimuli all will be forgotten

The kid is cancer to a team, especially this team, which has several of his former teammates. It would piss me off if we WERE considering this guy, unless he had truly repented.


Quit living in the past and move on already. My HELL!!!
S
Schmoe
beauso79 wrote:
CougarClaw wrote:
maybe that's how good 'ole petey allowed Kaveinga to leave. He called Bronco and said, if I let this guy go, who will you send me in return?

You've got it all wrong. Kaveinga is leaving BECAUSE they are recruiting Tonga. He doesn't want to risk having his ipod, laptop, etc. stolen.


byutx wrote:
It still pisses me off that we aren't even considering this guy. Especially when the D-Line could use his help but if we somehow get Heimuli all will be forgotten

The kid is cancer to a team, especially this team, which has several of his former teammates. It would piss me off if we WERE considering this guy, unless he had truly repented.


Quit living in the past and move on already. My HELL!!!


It's not living in the past, it's living in reality. To say that it "pisses [you] off" that we're not going after this kid is downright stupid considering all that has happened.
B
beauso79
Schmoe wrote:
byutx wrote:
maybe that's how good 'ole petey allowed Kaveinga to leave. He called Bronco and said, if I let this guy go, who will you send me in return?

You've got it all wrong. Kaveinga is leaving BECAUSE they are recruiting Tonga. He doesn't want to risk having his ipod, laptop, etc. stolen.


byutx wrote:
It still pisses me off that we aren't even considering this guy. Especially when the D-Line could use his help but if we somehow get Heimuli all will be forgotten

The kid is cancer to a team, especially this team, which has several of his former teammates. It would piss me off if we WERE considering this guy, unless he had truly repented.


Quit living in the past and move on already. My HELL!!!


It's not living in the past, it's living in reality. To say that it "pisses [you] off" that we're not going after this kid is downright stupid considering all that has happened.


HAPPENED = PAST-TENSE. People change, well maybe you don't. It still seems like you're ready to cast the first stone again. It appears that Bronco was after this guy anyways so I'm actually not as irritated.
J
JUSTBYU
We are all taught to forgive. Give Matangi a second chance.
Advertisement
G
Guest
JUSTBYU wrote:
We are all taught to forgive. Give Matangi a second chance.


We're also taught to make wise decisions and not put ourselves or others into positions that could be dangerous.



I don't think that anyone here knows exactly where Matangi's heart of spirit is, so I have no problem with people being happy he's gone and not wanting him back. I'm not going to invite a "reformed" pedophile to babysit my kids, nor would I ask a kleptomaniac into my house.
S
Schmoe
beauso79 wrote:
beauso79 wrote:
CougarClaw wrote:
maybe that's how good 'ole petey allowed Kaveinga to leave. He called Bronco and said, if I let this guy go, who will you send me in return?

You've got it all wrong. Kaveinga is leaving BECAUSE they are recruiting Tonga. He doesn't want to risk having his ipod, laptop, etc. stolen.


byutx wrote:
It still pisses me off that we aren't even considering this guy. Especially when the D-Line could use his help but if we somehow get Heimuli all will be forgotten

The kid is cancer to a team, especially this team, which has several of his former teammates. It would piss me off if we WERE considering this guy, unless he had truly repented.


Quit living in the past and move on already. My HELL!!!


It's not living in the past, it's living in reality. To say that it "pisses [you] off" that we're not going after this kid is downright stupid considering all that has happened.


HAPPENED = PAST-TENSE. People change, well maybe you don't. It still seems like you're ready to cast the first stone again. It appears that Bronco was after this guy anyways so I'm actually not as irritated.


That's right, because you can only evaluate someone on the past, you can't see their future. Taking a second chance on a kid who made very bad choices while he was already here over giving an equally good football player with a good rep and good attitude a first chance here is dumb. If you want to invite Mantangi over to babysit, you're welcome to do it, but the program needs to look out for itself and make the best decisions.



I like that you've decided to take pot shots at me " well maybe you don't." Super childish, man.
L
Lawboy
I;d welcome Matangi with open arms. I believe in 2nd chances, I believe in the natural evolution of the human experience, and I believe in true forgiveness. TRUE FORGIVENESS. Not this forgive but not forget crap.
S
Schmoe
Lawboy wrote:
I;d welcome Matangi with open arms. I believe in 2nd chances, I believe in the natural evolution of the human experience, and I believe in true forgiveness. TRUE FORGIVENESS. Not this forgive but not forget crap.


So, if I TRULY forgive someone for stealing it means I have to let them back in my house unsupervised?
G
Guest
Lawboy wrote:
I;d welcome Matangi with open arms. I believe in 2nd chances, I believe in the natural evolution of the human experience, and I believe in true forgiveness. TRUE FORGIVENESS. Not this forgive but not forget crap.


Do we even know if he is repentant? I haven't heard anything from him about how he feels for what he was involved in. Or do you believe in forgiving someone (and forgetting) the unrepentant?
Page 1 of 3
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.