Archived Topic

trap game

by BroncoBot · 11/5/2016

Advertisement
B
BroncoBot
How does BYU look today? I'd like to envision a domination from start to finish, but I think BYU is going to come out flat after a week off, a loss to BSU, and playing on the road. Hope I'm wrong and they have a MSU type game. Cinci is NOT good this year. This should be an easy win. There's a reason BYU is favored by 7.5 on the road, and its not because of BYU's record this year.
G
Guest
BYU looks terrible through the first half.
B
BroncoBot
It was kind of what I expected. That last drive was solid though. Good sign for the second half...
S
Sammich
This looks like a first-game-of-the-year team. Completely out of sync in almost every category.
A
a1247
Taysom can hit a receiver in rhythm. So frustrating watching him throw the ball this year. Against Nebraska last year he looked amazing even after the injury. Now he looks worse then his freshman year.
Advertisement
G
gingi
How many BYU fans showed up? Are they visible? Are they together or dispersed throughout the stands? Are they loud?
B
Brayden Green
Taysom sucks. Rest of the team showed up. Fans showed up and are loud. At least half and half.
B
BroncoBot
Brayden Green wrote:
Taysom sucks. Rest of the team showed up. Fans showed up and are loud. At least half and half.

Interesting analysis. I thought it was one of TH's better managed games. He certainly keep a few of those drives alive with his feet.
K
KYCoug
Lots of BYU fans. Most of the visitors side was blue. Lots of empty seats on the Cincinnati side. Weather was great and it was a good day to be a Cougar east of the Mississippi. The team was flat in the first half and outside of a couple of good drives didn't look good all day but a win is a win, especially on the road.



Go Cougs,

L Hatton

Louisville, KY
F
frdbtr
a1247 wrote:
Taysom can hit a receiver in rhythm. So frustrating watching him throw the ball this year. Against Nebraska last year he looked amazing even after the injury. Now he looks worse then his freshman year.


4 reasons:

2015 Oline better than 2016 oline

Mitch Matthews

Devon Blackmon

Terrence Houk



Blame Taysom all you want but our receivers this year are horrible. They are all soft as marshmallows and can't catch a cold. I didn't see today's game so I can't comment on how they looked today but all games up til now have convinced me that our receiver corps is playing way below par this year. I feel like it is a coaching issue but we will see how they improve over time.
Advertisement
B
BroncoBot
frdbtr wrote:
Taysom can hit a receiver in rhythm. So frustrating watching him throw the ball this year. Against Nebraska last year he looked amazing even after the injury. Now he looks worse then his freshman year.


4 reasons:

2015 Oline better than 2016 oline

Mitch Matthews

Devon Blackmon

Terrence Houk



Blame Taysom all you want but our receivers this year are horrible. They are all soft as marshmallows and can't catch a cold. I didn't see today's game so I can't comment on how they looked today but all games up til now have convinced me that our receiver corps is playing way below par this year. I feel like it is a coaching issue but we will see how they improve over time.

Kurtz had a much better game. Receivers didn't have any noticeable drops that I remember. Taysom other than the INT, didn't have many bad throws. He did, wisely, throw it away a few times. I think Taysom is doing exactly what Detmer is asking him to do. Be a game manager, make good throws, throw the ball away if nothing is there, and pick up first down with his legs if given the opportunity.
J
Jarhead
I don't think this game really fell under the definition of trap game, since I think the team would agree that Cincinnati was probably the toughest team left on the schedule (toughest game may still be Utah State).



Regarding Taysom, he was overall solid, but the errors in the passing game were more on Taysom than the receivers this time I think.



He did find ways to convert 3rd down plays, which I think was the difference maker in the game.
M
Mars
Taysom had some bad throws, and some terrible throws, but his running looked better, and he was great on 3rd down.
F
frdbtr
BroncoBot wrote:
a1247 wrote:
Taysom can hit a receiver in rhythm. So frustrating watching him throw the ball this year. Against Nebraska last year he looked amazing even after the injury. Now he looks worse then his freshman year.


4 reasons:

2015 Oline better than 2016 oline

Mitch Matthews

Devon Blackmon

Terrence Houk



Blame Taysom all you want but our receivers this year are horrible. They are all soft as marshmallows and can't catch a cold. I didn't see today's game so I can't comment on how they looked today but all games up til now have convinced me that our receiver corps is playing way below par this year. I feel like it is a coaching issue but we will see how they improve over time.

Kurtz had a much better game. Receivers didn't have any noticeable drops that I remember. Taysom other than the INT, didn't have many bad throws. He did, wisely, throw it away a few times. I think Taysom is doing exactly what Detmer is asking him to do. Be a game manager, make good throws, throw the ball away if nothing is there, and pick up first down with his legs if given the opportunity.


Kurtz looked better in this game but had at least one throw that was defended (his streak) that he could have competed for with more physicality and would have had a better chance to catch the ball. (I watched a replay of the game on youtube).
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.