G
GuestArchived Topic
Tom Holmoe's Message to Cougar Nation
by hawkwing · 11/4/2016
Advertisement
V
vancouvercougar"We will play anyone any where any time" (but not on Sunday)
Thanks for sharing that Hawkwing.
Thanks for sharing that Hawkwing.
F
FidoSo this means we can stop saying that BYU believes independence is unsustainable, right?
S
scott7154 out of 5 teams are ranked in the top 15. It is working.
S
scott715I hope the Big12 sees this video.
Advertisement
G
GuestThe message I got from this is, we need your donations.
S
SpiffCoug1. Come, come, ye Cougs, no toil nor indy fear;
But with joy wend your way.
Though hard to you this indy may appear,
Grace shall be as your day.
'Tis better far for us to strive
Our useless wins from us to drive;
Do this, for all a cougar tail --
All is well! All is well!
2. Why should we mourn or think our lot is hard?
'Tis not so; all is right.
Why should we think to earn a Big XII bid
If we now shun the fight?
Gird up your loins; fresh courage take.
Our Cougs will never us forsake;
And soon we'll eat this cougar tail --
All is well! All is well!
3. We'll find the place which God for us prepared,
Far away [independent],
Where none shall come to hurt or make afraid;
There the Cougs [won't be bent],
We'll make the air with music ring,
Shout praises to our Cosmo king;
Above the rest these words we'll tell --
For we just want a cougar tail
All is well! All is well!
4. And should we die before we're Power Five,
Happy day! All is well!
We then are free from toil and sorrow, sigh;
With the just we shall dwell!
But if our bid is spared again
To see the Cougs their bid obtain,
Oh, how we'll eat that cougar tail --
All is well! All is well!
But with joy wend your way.
Though hard to you this indy may appear,
Grace shall be as your day.
'Tis better far for us to strive
Our useless wins from us to drive;
Do this, for all a cougar tail --
All is well! All is well!
2. Why should we mourn or think our lot is hard?
'Tis not so; all is right.
Why should we think to earn a Big XII bid
If we now shun the fight?
Gird up your loins; fresh courage take.
Our Cougs will never us forsake;
And soon we'll eat this cougar tail --
All is well! All is well!
3. We'll find the place which God for us prepared,
Far away [independent],
Where none shall come to hurt or make afraid;
There the Cougs [won't be bent],
We'll make the air with music ring,
Shout praises to our Cosmo king;
Above the rest these words we'll tell --
For we just want a cougar tail
All is well! All is well!
4. And should we die before we're Power Five,
Happy day! All is well!
We then are free from toil and sorrow, sigh;
With the just we shall dwell!
But if our bid is spared again
To see the Cougs their bid obtain,
Oh, how we'll eat that cougar tail --
All is well! All is well!
B
BoiseBYUSpiff, that is awesome! I might change the last two lines:
Oh, how we'll make this chorus swell --
Utes can all go to hell....o.....Dolly well Hello Dolly ;) ....
Oh, how we'll make this chorus swell --
Utes can all go to hell....o.....Dolly well Hello Dolly ;) ....
J
JarheadEnd of verse 2 could say "and soon we'll eat a cougar tail, all is well all is well"
S
SpiffCougJarhead wrote:
End of verse 2 could say "and soon we'll eat a cougar tail, all is well all is well"
Great idea. I edited it to add your suggestion.
Advertisement
B
BoiseBYUSpiffCoug wrote:End of verse 2 could say "and soon we'll eat a cougar tail, all is well all is well"
Great idea. I edited it to add your suggestion.
So you're saying I shouldn't just yet give up my day job for that of a lyricist?
J
JarheadSpiffCoug wrote:End of verse 2 could say "and soon we'll eat a cougar tail, all is well all is well"
Great idea. I edited it to add your suggestion.
Nice
Y
Ygridiron4everscott715 wrote:
4 out of 5 teams are ranked in the top 15. It is working.
Honest question....I really dont know:
How many of those 5 are considered independent, and how many belong to a conference?
Aren't we only independent in football?
If the "it" that is working refers to BYU athletics, then I agree completely, and I interpret that football independence has not significantly hampered the other sports programs.
I'm not complaining at all. I think I'm in the same boat as TH by wishing BYU was in a P5 conference, but proud that the school looks really strong in terms of support, infrastructure, integrity, and success. And I love seeing every game on TV and a couple East Coast games live.
I wonder; if BYU were in a P5 conference (and I mean All sports n the same conference) would the other BYU sports programs be as successful and ranked even higher? Or would the competition be stronger and BYU not as successful?
S
scott715We are only indy in football. I don't think Big12 would hurt our ranking but enhance it. The Big12 coaches would be voting for us. We would lose more matches though. We might recruit a little better but the women get most of who they want of the LDS kids. Maybe we would lose a bit of recruiting from CA.
Y
Ygridiron4everscott715 wrote:
We are only indy in football. I don't think Big12 would hurt our ranking but enhance it. The Big12 coaches would be voting for us. We would lose more matches though. We might recruit a little better but the women get most of who they want of the LDS kids. Maybe we would lose a bit of recruiting from CA.
Thanks.
Advertisement
S
snoscytheJust watched this. My take away?
Independence is sustainable.....depending on boosters continuing to donate record amounts...
Independence is sustainable.....depending on boosters continuing to donate record amounts...
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.

