Archived Topic

Detmer Confirms Mangum Playing Time

by byufan4ever · 11/3/2016

Advertisement
B
byufan4ever
http://www.sltrib.com/sports/4537590-155/byu-football-cougs-staying-with-taysom


"I don't know if it will be this week," Detmer said. "We are still playing to win games, and so you don't want to change up a rhythm or those kinds of things. But we have talked in the past, he and I, about at some point here towards the end of the season getting him a series, whether it is to start the second quarter, or maybe one a half, to just get him some playing time."



Mangum confirmed that he's had discussions with Detmer since the time in August when Hill was named the starter about getting some meaningful snaps later in the season.


So it may not be against Cincinnati, but the plan is for Tanner to get to play a large chunk of at least one game.
S
scott715
I hope it happens this week and the rest of the games.
G
Gunk
No offense to Taysom, but I'm done with the Hill era.
K
KingCoug
It's all moot now anyway. Baring injury, Taysom will start the rest of the year. Whatever play Tanner will get will be mop up duty in garbage time. I just hope he's learned as much as he could observing from the sidelines.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.