Archived Topic

UVA vs louisville

by BroncoBot · 10/29/2016

Advertisement
B
BroncoBot
Anyone else watching this game?



Makes me miss the blitz packages that Bronco put together. They are getting a good amount of pressure on L. Jackson. Really similar to BYU the Bronco defense at BYU, very well timed blitzes that are hard to see coming.
B
BroncoBot
At the same time, I do enjoy the offense under Ty Detmer a lot more that the Robert Anae offense.
G
Guest
I really miss Bronco's defense. Watching what he can do with the talent of UVA makes me imagine how good the BYU defense could have been.
H
HoosierCougar
hawkwing wrote:
I really miss Bronco's defense. Watching what he can do with the talent of UVA makes me imagine how good the BYU defense could have been.


As soon as it was announced that he was leaving for UVA, my office mate was dancing in the halls. I just looked at him and said, "No matter who the new coach is, the defense just got worse."



In the long run, I'm not sure that's true, but Bronco certainly had a knack for dialing up schemes that flustered very good teams... as long as they kept QB2 off the field.
S
scott715
UVA only lost by 7 points. Good effort by his team.
Advertisement
G
Guest
scott715 wrote:
UVA only lost by 7 points. Good effort by his team.

And they were up by 1 with 35 seconds left to play. Hard to stop that Louisville offense though, they are incredible.
S
scott715
Didn't know as I didn't watch the game. Amazing that they could had won that game.
S
snoscythe
...anyone still missing Bronco and his zone prevent defense?



The Hoos gave up more points in the 4th quarter (18!) than in the first three quarters combined (14).
G
Guest
Yes.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.