Archived Topic

Coaches Poll Week 8

by trom2foot3 · 10/16/2016

Advertisement
T
trom2foot3
Good news! BYU got 1 vote on the coaches poll this week! I wasn't expecting any until maybe next week when we beat Boise State
B
BroncoBot
BYU beats BSU and they're right on the verge of top 25 I would think.
E
EM_Puma
Well, if we do win, which would be quite and upset, I believe we'd be close, but not quite crack the top 25. We end up 9-3 and I'd have to believe it would happen. Any more losses and no top 25 this season. There's still a lot of football to play this season.
F
frdbtr
I think if BYU beats an undefeated #14 ranked Boise State team on the road after having beat a BIG team and an SEC team the 2 weeks before, we will come into the poll at #25.
S
scott715
That would be so cool and I bet the recruits would love it too.
Advertisement
S
snoscythe
frdbtr wrote:
I think if BYU beats an undefeated #14 ranked Boise State team on the road after having beat a BIG team and an SEC team the 2 weeks before, we will come into the poll at #25.


Possibly, but I think 28-30 is more likely. The only 3-loss team currently ranked is #22 Ole Miss--losses to #1 Alabama, #15 FSU, and #17 Arkansas. Wins over then #12 Georgia, Wofford, and 5-1 Memphis.



BYU would counter with losses to #13 WVU, #17 Utah, and 3-4 UCLA (that one's looking worse and worse). Wins over then #14 BSU, 2-5 Arizona, 5-1 Toledo (no votes in either poll?!?), 2-4 MichSt and 2-4 Miss St.



Our highs are not quite as high, and our lows are a good bit lower than Ole Miss's lows.
G
Gunk
I don't think we're a top 25 team.
A
ABYUFAN
Gunk wrote:
I don't think we're a top 25 team.

Agreed. I think that we can beat many top 25 teams, but we are not one yet. We may be one by the end of the year. But for now I'm happy with the progress
F
frdbtr
I really don't care if we are a "top 25" team or not. If we beat Boise state and end up at the end of the poll I will be happy as long as we keep winning. I don't think anyone voting looks at other teams records in order to vote for someone. If BYU beats a top 15 team after having just beat 2 traditionally strong power 5 teams 2 weeks in a row, I feel that they will sneak in at #25. Have to beat Boise first though.
G
Gunk
frdbtr wrote:
I really don't care if we are a "top 25" team or not. If we beat Boise state and end up at the end of the poll I will be happy as long as we keep winning. I don't think anyone voting looks at other teams records in order to vote for someone. If BYU beats a top 15 team after having just beat 2 traditionally strong power 5 teams 2 weeks in a row, I feel that they will sneak in at #25. Have to beat Boise first though.

Fair point. We beat BSU and we'll turn some heads.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.