Archived Topic

Legacy miss

by EM_Puma · 10/6/2016

Advertisement
E
EM_Puma
I was in Indianapolis and ran into Houston Heimuli, son of Lakei Heimuli. He's on a mission. I asked him if he was into football. He said that he's got a scholarship to Stanford as a running back. I asked him if BYU even gave him him a sniff. He said BYU only offered preferred walk-on. I just find it unbelievable that someone who was offered by Stanford, was son of a legacy player, only received preferred walk-on.
V
vancouvercougar
Was that pre-Kalani?
T
TulaneVandyRiceCoug
I know it's mission time and focusing there is proper, but he should check in again with Coach Sitake. Getting a scholly from Stanford is kind of a big deal.
B
BOID
Maybe he could change his mind, after his mission.
S
snoscythe
With Detmer's offense, we have a fighting chance to get him back.



Houston was not a fit for Anae's offense, and he committed WAAAAAAAAAAAAAY early to the Cardinal, and Anae knew he didn't have a shot. He wants to play fullback in the NFL, and he wanted to play in a pro-style offense. At the time, that made Stanford the easy choice.



With Detmer bringing back the WCO, Houston might like BYU a lot more.
Advertisement
E
EM_Puma
vancouvercougar wrote:
Was that pre-Kalani?

Yes, it was under Bronco. He's super-excited and was gushing about Coach Anderson from Stanford.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.