Archived Topic

Isn't it sad?

by frdbtr · 10/5/2016

Advertisement
F
frdbtr
The board is 100% dead on a week where BYU won, but the board was totally active with complainers on the weeks where BYU lost. I would think it would be just exactly the opposite. Unfortunately it is not.
S
snoscythe
A few things contribute



- The "start Tanner" movement has died now that the offense is improving and the coaching staff has made it clear that Taysom has all the leash he wants.



- The week after General Conference is always slower because everyone is spending time trying to be a better person...at least until they give up. ;)



- We are 10 points away from being undefeated at 5-0, but we are only six points away from being a winless 0-5, so we are still waiting on a decisive victory to let the good times roll.
B
byufan4ever
So instead of starting a new positive topic and trying to encourage healthy positive discussion, you are complaining about the complainers...



Maybe we treat CC like we do prayer, when things are going well we forget to use it, but when the going gets tough, we use it a plenty! :whistle:
S
snoscythe
byufan4ever wrote:
So instead of starting a new positive topic and trying to encourage healthy positive discussion, you are complaining about the complainers...




....and so far it's working.



https://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--k45gy1Kd--/c_fill,fl_progressive,g_center,h_358,q_80,w_636/oibzmps4dtqekm0vurb8.gif" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
B
byufan4ever
So this back and forth is a positive discussion? You guys are SOOO inspiring!!
Advertisement
S
snoscythe
byufan4ever wrote:
So this back and forth is a positive discussion? You guys are SOOO inspiring!!


You're well on your way to the IAW (Irony Award of the Week)--your sarcasm is soaked with the inspiration you seek.



As for the "back and forth", I was just pointing out the irony of your first post.....



1) The OP laments that the board has been dead this week after a positive win--there was more traffic when there was more to complain about.

2) You cast the OP as complaining about complainers, and in doing so you create a bit more traffic (five posts so far) to complain about people complaining about complainers.



I hope you can see the humor/irony in all of that -- I hoped Mr. Burns would tip people off that to a TIC element.
B
byufan4ever
Yep, indeed. Happy to contribute to the complainers complaining about the complainers complaining about the complainers in a thread with absolute no value!!!!!!!!!!!!!
F
frdbtr
snoscythe wrote:
A few things contribute



- The "start Tanner" movement has died now that the offense is improving and the coaching staff has made it clear that Taysom has all the leash he wants.



- The week after General Conference is always slower because everyone is spending time trying to be a better person...at least until they give up. ;)



- We are 10 points away from being undefeated at 5-0, but we are only six points away from being a winless 0-5, so we are still waiting on a decisive victory to let the good times roll.


:lol: for your General conference comment.
F
frdbtr
I've been coming to the board for the last 3 days looking for content about the win to keep me going until saturday and there has been little to nothing. I didn't feel I was being negative, just wanted to maybe try to get some positive comment going about what I see as a great win.
G
Guest
I think it's hard to get too excited about the win when most of us probably feel like the next game is going to be a difficult road to travel and will likely result in a loss.
Advertisement
F
frdbtr
hawkwing wrote:
I think it's hard to get too excited about the win when most of us probably feel like the next game is going to be a difficult road to travel and will likely result in a loss.


Maybe so. I agree that this weekend is going to be difficult. In fact BYU will have to play its best game of the year in order to even make this a good game. They will have to play better than they have in years to win it. I am still hoping that will happen. We've shown flashes of Brilliance offensively this year and defensively this year. We will just have to put it all together in this game to make it happen.
B
bamf3000
Plus, while it was a win, it was once again barely a win. We have had way too many close games to really be super excited if you ask me.
S
snoscythe
frdbtr wrote:
I think it's hard to get too excited about the win when most of us probably feel like the next game is going to be a difficult road to travel and will likely result in a loss.


Maybe so. I agree that this weekend is going to be difficult. In fact BYU will have to play its best game of the year in order to even make this a good game. They will have to play better than they have in years to win it. I am still hoping that will happen. We've shown flashes of Brilliance offensively this year and defensively this year. We will just have to put it all together in this game to make it happen.


I think this is the best possible year to get MSU. Yeah, they've got a great coach, but c'mon--they only put 28 on the board against the Paladins of Furman to start the season (the same Paladins that are winless and gave up 41 points to Coastal Carolina and 52 to Kennesaw State). Their only other win was a close one coming off their bye week against Notre Dame....who has also lost to Duke this season. Michigan State 2016 is not who we think of when we see the Green and White Spartans.



Now that BYU's defense practices every day against a physical offense (as opposed to a spread offense), our defense is traveling better and I don't think we see repeats of our trips to Wisconsin or Michigan ever again.



I like BYU to come out of this with a W without needing a two-minute drive to do it.
S
scott715
Been busy with work.
B
byufan4ever
frdbtr wrote:
I've been coming to the board for the last 3 days looking for content about the win to keep me going until saturday and there has been little to nothing. I didn't feel I was being negative, just wanted to maybe try to get some positive comment going about what I see as a great win.


I apologize for turning this thread in the wrong direction.
Advertisement
B
byufan4ever
snoscythe wrote:
hawkwing wrote:
I think it's hard to get too excited about the win when most of us probably feel like the next game is going to be a difficult road to travel and will likely result in a loss.


Maybe so. I agree that this weekend is going to be difficult. In fact BYU will have to play its best game of the year in order to even make this a good game. They will have to play better than they have in years to win it. I am still hoping that will happen. We've shown flashes of Brilliance offensively this year and defensively this year. We will just have to put it all together in this game to make it happen.


I think this is the best possible year to get MSU. Yeah, they've got a great coach, but c'mon--they only put 28 on the board against the Paladins of Furman to start the season (the same Paladins that are winless and gave up 41 points to Coastal Carolina and 52 to Kennesaw State). Their only other win was a close one coming off their bye week against Notre Dame....who has also lost to Duke this season. Michigan State 2016 is not who we think of when we see the Green and White Spartans.



Now that BYU's defense practices every day against a physical offense (as opposed to a spread offense), our defense is traveling better and I don't think we see repeats of our trips to Wisconsin or Michigan ever again.



I like BYU to come out of this with a W without needing a two-minute drive to do it.


You make some great points about MSU being down this year. I agree and think we can and will win. In fact, if it was in Provo, I'd say we would be the favorites. The line right now is MSU -6. But I seriously think we got this!
K
KingCoug
What's there to say? It's a work in progress. We won, and I'll certainly take it, and its both frustrating and encouraging that we haven't lost a game by more than a few points. We're not getting blown out and are competitive despite the coaching overhaul and playing the equivalent of a P5 schedule. I don't believe in moral victories but it bodes well for the future. We just need time.
T
TulaneVandyRiceCoug
I'm just kind of in awe of this season and don't really know what is next. The point above, that BYU is 10 points from being 5-0, and 6 points away from 0-5 is the craziest stat I've heard in awhile.



I think that Michigan State is where the whole deal makes sense. We have seen that the D can be stifling and create havoc and turnovers (e.g., @Utah). We have seen the offense break records and steamroll up and down the field (e.g. Toledo). Put it together and this is a special team and special season. I still think 10 wins is possible, and if BYU comes out of MSU with a victory, I think they could do the same to the Donkeys, and the rest of the schedule.



Feels like a pivot point of the season, where things could just be good, or maybe they could be great. This is why I love the game, love the team, and yeah, I will be on the edge of my seat Saturday.
C
Cougs_Rule
If you want exhuberance and fanaticism, go start something over on the bball corne--I see great things happening this year for hoops! Or wait for next year for football. Cause it's only going to get worse in terms of traffic on the football corner as the losses keep piling up and we have to beat usu in the last game (and probably on the last drive of the game) just to become bowl eligible.

however if you want to talk about the positives of this team, then talk about them. You must be a millenial bc like many of you, you expect others to make you happy and pay for their way (tuition) in life. Ok, sorry. That was a cheap shot. Maybe you aren't a millenial. But if it's THAT sad, then start a few positive threads.
T
TulaneVandyRiceCoug
Cougs_Rule wrote:
If you want exhuberance and fanaticism, go start something over on the bball corne--I see great things happening this year for hoops! Or wait for next year for football. Cause it's only going to get worse in terms of traffic on the football corner as the losses keep piling up and we have to beat usu in the last game (and probably on the last drive of the game) just to become bowl eligible.

however if you want to talk about the positives of this team, then talk about them. You must be a millenial bc like many of you, you expect others to make you happy and pay for their way (tuition) in life. Ok, sorry. That was a cheap shot. Maybe you aren't a millenial. But if it's THAT sad, then start a few positive threads.

Who is "you" in this?
Page 1 of 2
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.