Archived Topic

One game just got easier

by jvquarterback · 9/26/2016

Advertisement
J
jvquarterback
I was hoping this would happen later in the season, and I hate to be the first guy to say next year will be great, but at least we'll have a more experienced coaching staff than LSU next year.



Losing Bronco after a bunch of 8-5 years because he wants to leave is one thing, but firing a guy who won a NC. Those guys are crazy.



I'm still hoping the game gets moved up a week with the new Hawaii rule.
B
BroncoBot
jvquarterback wrote:
I was hoping this would happen later in the season, and I hate to be the first guy to say next year will be great, but at least we'll have a more experienced coaching staff than LSU next year.



Losing Bronco after a bunch of 8-5 years because he wants to leave is one thing, but firing a guy who won a NC. Those guys are crazy.



I'm still hoping the game gets moved up a week with the new Hawaii rule.

What is LSU thinking? I don't think anyone is going to catch Saban at Alabama. I don't care who they hire.



Still think it's going to be a very difficult game to win. Wonder how many recruits just opened up their options.
B
byufan4ever
I'm not saying Miles should have been fired, it definitely took me by surprise. But you can't just ride your NC for the rest of your career. There is a fairly drastic difference between his first 7 seasons at LSU and the last X years (don't have the article in front of me that I read last night). I believe that the NC was won during his first 3-4 years which had a good amount of Saban recruits. And this was suppose to be his most talented team ever with several upperclassmen that could have been drafted but returned to make this super team.



I've said this before, but the real work place is a "what have you done for me lately?" When my company goes through layoffs they look only at the last two years of performance for each employee. I'm not saying that's right. That's just how it is. You gotta constantly perform. So I have a somewhat similar rating for all coaches including our own. What have you done the past 2 years??
S
SpiffCoug
Didn't LSU try to fire him in the offseason but chickened out due fan pressure?
B
byufan4ever
SpiffCoug wrote:
Didn't LSU try to fire him in the offseason but chickened out due fan pressure?


Essentially, but it was before the season ended, before their last game if I remember correctly. A ton of fans showed up at their last home game in support of Miles so they did indeed chicken out of it.
Advertisement
B
BoiseBYU
LSU will be calling KW, count on it.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.