Archived Topic

BYU fans need to give Sitake, Detmer and Tuiaki 3 years. Just chill this season.

by BeenBitten · 8/31/2016

Advertisement
S
SpiffCoug
I think three years is reasonable. I think if Detmer's offense isn't working by year three, he'd just walk away.
E
EM_Puma
Naw. If the cupboards were bare, I'd give them 3 years, but we don't make a bowl game, at least next year, then I'm not giving that much latitude and I'd be very disappointed.



Now I'd agree that they need a good 3 years to get well in sync of one another as they are bringing in a lot of different levels of experience. I'd be shocked if there ever has been in this modern day another FBS team that has the tradition and status of BYU picking up a staff which is this inexperienced. We all have hopes that they have the ability to do the job, and I do believe that will prove out, but at least I cannot remember ever a scenario like we currently have at BYU with so little major FBS experience in coaching in the positions where these coaches enter this season.
F
frdbtr
I agree with Just about everything you said in that article with the exception of Doman only being an Ocoordinator for 1 year. He was for 2 and the offense simply got worse the longer he ran it. I still love Doman and would love to see him at BYU again in some capacity.
S
snoscythe
Can we give them more than three years if they are doing well?
Advertisement
S
SpiffCoug
snoscythe wrote:
Can we give them more than three years if they are doing well?

No!
K
KingCoug
3 years? I give them leeway for this year alone. And thats because its the first year and the difficulty of the schedule. Even Bronco, for all he lacked in the end, went 11-2 his second season.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.