Archived Topic

DuPaix takes over at Southern Virginia

by byufan4ever · 8/31/2016

Advertisement
B
byufan4ever
http://www.roanoke.com/sports/colleges/ex-byu-assistant-takes-over-at-southern-virginia/article_3d27f1b3-03fb-5233-85ce-ed428dac5a07.html



Ex-RB coach is now head coach as SVU. I recall not being terribly impressed with him, but best wishes to him! He takes over a team that was winless last season and won only 1 game the season before. He's going to install an option offense which he is very familiar with since he played as an option QB in HS and Southern Utah and coached at Navy.
F
frdbtr
Congrats and good luck to him. I wasn't impressed with any facet of the offense when he was here, he may have been a good coach since he was coaching the RB's those 2 years.
B
BlueK
option football coaches kind of seem to get themselves typecast.
E
EM_Puma
I'm glad he's received this opportunity. Being somewhat of a sentimentalist, it bothered me when Bronco lured him away from Navy to the BYU staff and then let him go in his reorg when Anae came back. Honestly we have very little to go on to evaluate his ability.
F
frdbtr
EM_Puma wrote:
I'm glad he's received this opportunity. Being somewhat of a sentimentalist, it bothered me when Bronco lured him away from Navy to the BYU staff and then let him go in his reorg when Anae came back. Honestly we have very little to go on to evaluate his ability.


Bronco let all the offensive coaches go. The offensive coaches were hired by Doman, Bronco did not lure anyone away from anywhere and then fire them.
Advertisement
E
EM_Puma
frdbtr wrote:
The offensive coaches were hired by Doman, Bronco did not lure anyone away from anywhere and then fire them.


https://www.ksl.com/?sid=23817970



I'm sure Doman suggested DuPaix, but it was definitely with Bronco's approval. That's my point. As the article reports, DuPaix was already secure in his coaching job at Navy and believed this to be an upwards move for his career. I'm sure being back home was viewed as attractive as well for Joe. Of course it was a PK article and he wasn't hiding his feelings about what happened to DuPaix.
F
frdbtr
EM_Puma wrote:
The offensive coaches were hired by Doman, Bronco did not lure anyone away from anywhere and then fire them.


https://www.ksl.com/?sid=23817970



I'm sure Doman suggested DuPaix, but it was definitely with Bronco's approval. That's my point. As the article reports, DuPaix was already secure in his coaching job at Navy and believed this to be an upwards move for his career. I'm sure being back home was viewed as attractive as well for Joe. Of course it was a PK article and he wasn't hiding his feelings about what happened to DuPaix.


Dupaix was Doman's call, I don't care what PK has to say about it. Bronco never put blame on anyone but himself for any of his players or coaches failings. Bronco didn't call up Dupaix and beg him to come to BYU only to fire him a year later. It was Doman's call and Dupaix was a casualty of the failed Doman offense.
B
Brayden Green
I really liked DuPaix. Good recruiter and talker. He coached the running backs fine. They have a winner there at SVU, good for them.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.