Archived Topic

What happened to the board moderators?

by Mars · 8/10/2016

Advertisement
M
Mars
Locking threads is easy. Deleting offensive posts takes work. I'm disappointed in the personal attacks I've seen some get away with on this board recently. Even cougarboard, with 1000x the daily posts, doesn't allow that kind of flaming.
S
Schmoe
I agree. People calling for others to lose their jobs and calling them bigots simply because they disagree is totally unacceptable.
G
Guest
I agree as well, we have not done an adequate job moderating the board over the last few weeks. We need to do better.
S
snoscythe
It may not mean much toady, but I can vouch that SpiffCoug and hawkwing were addressing this very issue yesterday and acknowledge that we moderators (me especially) can do better, and need to do better. Just wish we would have made course correction before it became this obvious that it is needed.
S
scott715
It's been a long summer and slow except for rumors. Things are starting to pick up and the mods will be on their toes again, except for some last chance vacations, I would bet.
Advertisement
B
BoiseBYU
Thanks You guys all have lives outside CB and are not the cause of the problem. The idiot jerk ignoramus losers who aren't worthy to lick cow dung are the source of the problem ;)
C
Cougarfan87
BoiseBYU wrote:
Thanks You guys all have lives outside CB and are not the cause of the problem. The idiot jerk ignoramus losers who aren't worthy to lick cow dung are the source of the problem ;)


That hurts Boise. That really hurts. :~(



:P
S
stuckinbig10country
Thanks for all you guys do. Hawkwing operates this as a side project to the rest of his life, and at personal expense because of his love for the university. The mods also spend a great amount of personal time being babysitters for grown a** men. Thanks for your hard work too.
M
Mars
snoscythe wrote:
It may not mean much toady, but I can vouch that SpiffCoug and hawkwing were addressing this very issue yesterday and acknowledge that we moderators (me especially) can do better, and need to do better. Just wish we would have made course correction before it became this obvious that it is needed.

To be fair, discussing politics and religion is rarely handled well by anyone, and I know that hawk doesn't want to ban those topics completely.
G
Guest
Mars wrote:
It may not mean much toady, but I can vouch that SpiffCoug and hawkwing were addressing this very issue yesterday and acknowledge that we moderators (me especially) can do better, and need to do better. Just wish we would have made course correction before it became this obvious that it is needed.

To be fair, discussing politics and religion is rarely handled well by anyone, and I know that hawk doesn't want to ban those topics completely.

You're right, I want to allow the ability for discussion to happen on almost any topic, as long as it's fair and respectful to opposing views. My vision of CougarCorner is that it should be as welcoming and inviting to all Cougar fans regardless of political affiliation, race, religions belief, sexual orientation, etc. I know I fall extremely short in implementing that vision at times, which is why I appreciate the reminder.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.