Archived Topic

Takitaki not on the roster

by hawkwing · 8/5/2016

Advertisement
G
Guest
Super talented guy, can't seem to get his head on straight enough to stay in good graces, even with this coaching staff.
F
Fido
Other scholarship athletes not on the current 105 man roster:

OL Kyle Johnson (injury rehab)

OL Brad Wilcox (???)

K Corey Edwards (scholarship might be pulled)

DS Matt Foley (???)

LB Rylee Gautavai (scholarship might be pulled)

LB Lene Lesatele (scholarship might be pulled)

LB Va'a Niumatalolo (scholarship might be pulled)

DL Felesi Tofi (???)



And incoming freshmen:

OL Zac Dawe (???)

DL Teancum Fuga (???)

DL Keanu Saleapaga (??? - Was expected to contribute right away)
S
scott715
I was looking forward to those last two.
G
Guest
How cruel would it be if Matt Foley was kicked off the team after getting that tattoo...
F
Fido
scott715 wrote:
I was looking forward to those last two.

I read that Fuga might be a grayshirt this year to get back in shape post-mission as the team wasn't expecting him until next year. But I have no way to verify that.



Also they indicated that guys like Johnson who is missing while rehabbing an injury makes sense so they can take a look at guys who can take the field (only those on the 105-man roster can participate in practice)--and that they could still be added back in later should things change. There is only 79/85 scholarships used on the current 105 man roster (unless some of the 26 walk-ons currently on the roster newly received a scholarship).
Advertisement
F
Fido
http://www.sltrib.com/sports/4217950-155/byu-football-langis-move-to-de?page=1



(Kyle) Johnson appeared at photo day on Tuesday, however, and says he is just waiting to get clearance from his doctors to rejoin the team. Johnson said he had knee surgery in the offseason, but "the knee is doing great. My back is kind of bugging me. No big deal. They are just trying to see what they are going to do with it, but it is fine, for the most part."



Sitake said Utah transfer Moses Folauhola and recruit Keanu Saleapaga, who picked BYU in February over Colorado and others, are "working through some stuff" in an attempt to get added to the roster, but declined to specify exactly what they need to do to.
G
Guest
Everything I hear about Matt Foley and his temporary injury is good. I believe he should get cleared by doctors soon and start the camp acclimation period shortly.
S
Schmoe
hawkwing wrote:
Everything I hear about Matt Foley and his temporary injury is good. I believe he should get cleared by doctors soon and start the camp acclimation period shortly.


That's strange, because I had heard he was living in a van down by the river.
G
Guest
Schmoe wrote:
Everything I hear about Matt Foley and his temporary injury is good. I believe he should get cleared by doctors soon and start the camp acclimation period shortly.


That's strange, because I had heard he was living in a van down by the river.


https://media.giphy.com/media/JGfYvkS6QiABa/giphy.gif" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
Advertisement
G
Guest
Nice.
S
snoscythe
hawkwing wrote:
Super talented guy, can't seem to get his head on straight enough to stay in good graces, even with this coaching staff.


If Sitake is keeping him off, it must not be for something tiki-taki.
F
Fido
Interestingly enough, the BYU 2016 football roster on BYUCougars.com still lists Takitaki as on the team for 2016--so he must not be so far gone that he has no shot at coming back.
F
Fido
Some are talking on Criddle's radio show about Takitaki may redshirt this year to focus on academics and getting things in order so that he can move forward.
Advertisement
B
bigbluepuma
Fido wrote:
Some are talking on Criddle's radio show about Takitaki may redshirt this year to focus on academics and getting things in order so that he can move forward.

Sure hope he comes back. He was impressive when playing.
B
BroncoBot
Fido wrote:
Some are talking on Criddle's radio show about Takitaki may redshirt this year to focus on academics and getting things in order so that he can move forward.

he also made some of the biggest bone head mistakes I've ever seen. if academics helps with those, I'm all for a redshirt this year.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.