Archived Topic

2nd Amend - Stand By

by Ddawg · 8/4/2016

Advertisement
D
Ddawg
All you who think Prez. Hillary is more acceptable than Trump - look out 2nd Amendment. Back in 2008 the Supreme Court voted 5-4 to support the "right to keep and bear arms." That's close! With Hillary appointing liberal judges? Stand-by.



"How a Clinton Administration Could Have a Major Impact on Second Amendment"



Speaking to Fox News, legal analysts speculated that Clinton’s high court appointees could determine that Americans do not have a right to “keep and bear arms.” The court only narrowly affirmed that right in 2008 with a 5-4 vote.



“They may reverse that decision, or they may limit it so it doesn’t mean much,” George Mason University law professor David Bernstein told Fox News.



http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2016/08/04/clinton-supreme-court-could-have-major-impact-on-second-amendment-legal-analysts-say/
B
BroncoBot
Ddawg wrote:
All you who think Prez. Hillary is more acceptable than Trump - look out 2nd Amendment. Back in 2008 the Supreme Court voted 5-4 to support the "right to keep and bear arms." That's close! With Hillary appointing liberal judges? Stand-by.



"How a Clinton Administration Could Have a Major Impact on Second Amendment"



Speaking to Fox News, legal analysts speculated that Clinton’s high court appointees could determine that Americans do not have a right to “keep and bear arms.” The court only narrowly affirmed that right in 2008 with a 5-4 vote.



“They may reverse that decision, or they may limit it so it doesn’t mean much,” George Mason University law professor David Bernstein told Fox News.



http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2016/08/04/clinton-supreme-court-could-have-major-impact-on-second-amendment-legal-analysts-say/

I honestly think with Hillary in the white house every single amendment will be under attack. I don't believe that to be the case with Trump, although he's a damned fool and the republicans who elected him as nominee have been a bunch of sissy pouty neanderthals for decades now. Really George W was the best we could come up with? McCain as nominee? Romney who is Obama light? Sheesh. It's no wonder we are in the situation we find ourselves. It's a decision between a radical who would do anything to get rid of as many rights and liberties as possible and a doofus who is completely unpredictable but who just might do the right thing sometimes.
S
SpiffCoug
http://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/susan-jones/clinton-individual-right-bear-arms-if-it-constitutional-right
"If it is a constitutional right, then it, like every other constitutional right, is subject to reasonable regulation,


First, she's not even sure the right to bear arms is a constitutional right. And then she says that every constitution right can be regulated. Bottom line, she doesn't believe that all men are created equal and she certainly doesn't believe that we are endowed by our Creator with rights. ALL of our rights are given to us by the government and can be subsequently taken away.
S
snoscythe
SpiffCoug wrote:
http://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/susan-jones/clinton-individual-right-bear-arms-if-it-constitutional-right
"If it is a constitutional right, then it, like every other constitutional right, is subject to reasonable regulation,


First, she's not even sure the right to bear arms is a constitutional right. And then she says that every constitution right can be regulated. Bottom line, she doesn't believe that all men are created equal and she certainly doesn't believe that we are endowed by our Creator with rights. ALL of our rights are given to us by the government and can be subsequently taken away.


I'm generally okay with Hillary bashing, but now you're just reading too much into things.



Name a right you don't think can be subjected to regulation. I'm hard pressed to think of one. Even the most ardent of conservatives generally believe that there are instances where war is justified, or where the death penalty is appropriate, or where taking a life in self-defense is a legitimate action--all of which are government regulations on the right to life itself.
N
nuk13
I agree with Dwag, Spiff and Bot. I've said it before and I'll say it now; I am not sure where Trump is but I know there are few if any freedoms that are safe from hillary rodham. How did we get from a government that insured our rights to one that thinks they are the giver of rights. No wonder they want God out of everything, they think that is who they are.
Advertisement
M
Mars
Hillary MIGHT TAKE OUR GUNS!!!

The tiny-handed Orange Tsar MIGHT START A NUCLEAR WAR!!!



I'm still more scared of Trump. Though again, both are evil, and either would be awful.
S
Schmoe
Mars wrote:
Hillary MIGHT TAKE OUR GUNS!!!

The tiny-handed Orange Tsar MIGHT START A NUCLEAR WAR!!!



I'm still more scared of Trump. Though again, both are evil, and either would be awful.


Well, we KNOW that Hillary lies to the American people, we KNOW she refuses aid to Americans under attack, we KNOW she takes money from terrorists through a fake charity. We're afraid that Trump MIGHT be really bad, too.
G
Guest
Schmoe wrote:
Hillary MIGHT TAKE OUR GUNS!!!

The tiny-handed Orange Tsar MIGHT START A NUCLEAR WAR!!!



I'm still more scared of Trump. Though again, both are evil, and either would be awful.


Well, we KNOW that Hillary lies to the American people, we KNOW she refuses aid to Americans under attack, we KNOW she takes money from terrorists through a fake charity. We're afraid that Trump MIGHT be really bad, too.


I agree we know that about Hillary, but as for Trump, we know he is a deceitful person, we know that he responds to any slight, real or imagined with inappropriate, over-the-top reactions, we know he is a racist, misogynist, we know that he wants to use nuclear weapons in first strike scenarios so yes, we're quite terrified of a man like that becoming the President.
B
BroncoBot
hawkwing wrote:
Mars wrote:
Hillary MIGHT TAKE OUR GUNS!!!

The tiny-handed Orange Tsar MIGHT START A NUCLEAR WAR!!!



I'm still more scared of Trump. Though again, both are evil, and either would be awful.


Well, we KNOW that Hillary lies to the American people, we KNOW she refuses aid to Americans under attack, we KNOW she takes money from terrorists through a fake charity. We're afraid that Trump MIGHT be really bad, too.


I agree we know that about Hillary, but as for Trump, we know he is a deceitful person, we know that he responds to any slight, real or imagined with inappropriate, over-the-top reactions, we know he is a racist, misogynist, we know that he wants to use nuclear weapons in first strike scenarios so yes, we're quite terrified of a man like that becoming the President.

I don't get the trump is a racist card. why is that a given?
S
SpiffCoug
http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/cotton-clinton-discussed-executed-iranian-scientist-on-email/article/2598807
Hillary Clinton recklessly discussed, in emails hosted on her private server, an Iranian nuclear scientist who was executed by Iran for treason, Sen. Tom Cotton, R-Ark., said Sunday.



"I'm not going to comment on what he may or may not have done for the United States government, but in the emails that were on Hillary Clinton's private server, there were conversations among her senior advisors about this gentleman," he said on "Face the Nation." Cotton was speaking about Shahram Amiri, who gave information to the U.S. about Iran's nuclear program.


I'm sure this is all purely coincidental.
Advertisement
D
Ddawg
hawkwing wrote:

.... we know he is a racist, misogynist, we know that he wants to use nuclear weapons in first strike scenarios so yes, we're quite terrified of a man like that becoming the President.


No you do not know that. You have never met the man. You are repeating mass media over the top conjecture.



Here's the real world, 1st hand testimony from an African American woman that has worked for Trump for 7 years at a very high level, and has contact with Donald Trump and his family on a daily basis. So, do you believe the know-nothing mudslingers or someone that actually knows the man?



https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z3g_T7TKyew
G
Guest
I will trust the person who authored his book who says he is unfit and dangerous to America, as well as the 50 GOP security professionals who have all come out unified that allowing Donald Trump the Presidency would be a disastrous mistake. And that's just small potatoes compared to personal understanding and conscious that will come to any voter who earnestly and honestly seeks with a willingness to choose what is right.



http://abcnews.go.com/US/tony-schwartz-author-donald-trumps-art-deal-trump/story?id=40662196



http://www.nytimes.com/2016/08/09/us/politics/national-security-gop-donald-trump.html?_r=0



http://fortune.com/2016/06/07/donald-trump-racism-quotes/
D
Ddawg
hawkwing wrote:

And that's just small potatoes compared to personal understanding and conscious that will come to any voter who earnestly and honestly seeks with a willingness to choose what is right.


So, you are accusing me of not trying to do what's right? Of not earnestly seeking and following Christ? Of not having a willingness to choose what is right? That's some pretty tall talk.
G
Guest
Ddawg wrote:

And that's just small potatoes compared to personal understanding and conscious that will come to any voter who earnestly and honestly seeks with a willingness to choose what is right.


So, you are accusing me of not trying to do what's right? Of not earnestly seeking and following Christ? Of not having a willingness to choose what is right? That's some pretty tall talk.


You're the one who has been throwing around accusations that anyone who doesn't agree with you only gets their information from the MSM or other untrustworthy sources, my only comments have been to encourage everyone to seek out through study and prayer what the right choice is and follow their conscious. I've never once said that that would be for or against any given candidate.



So seek out and follow and vote your conscious. You and you alone have to live with your vote.
S
snoscythe
hawkwing wrote:
my only comments have been to encourage everyone to seek out through study and prayer what the right choice is and follow their conscious. I've never once said that that would be for or against any given candidate.


That's a little disingenuos and passive-aggressive. I don't see how anyone can read your posts and not come to the same conclusion Ddawg has.


hawkwing wrote:
I'm sure if the Lord wants us to commit the murder of American values he will make it known via strong, unmistakable revelation, just as with Nephi.


http://cougarcorner.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=19856&p=227385&hilit=pray#p227385


hawkwing wrote:
I have confirmation that my opinion is 100% accurate and comes from a much better source than yours and I know that it is correct and right for me and my family.


http://cougarcorner.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=19856&hilit=pray&start=10



Unless you take the position that God may be telling different people to vote for different candidates?
Advertisement
D
Ddawg
hawkwing wrote:
hawkwing wrote:

And that's just small potatoes compared to personal understanding and conscious that will come to any voter who earnestly and honestly seeks with a willingness to choose what is right.


So, you are accusing me of not trying to do what's right? Of not earnestly seeking and following Christ? Of not having a willingness to choose what is right? That's some pretty tall talk.


You're the one who has been throwing around accusations that anyone who doesn't agree with you only gets their information from the MSM or other untrustworthy sources, my only comments have been to encourage everyone to seek out through study and prayer what the right choice is and follow their conscious. I've never once said that that would be for or against any given candidate.



So seek out and follow and vote your conscious. You and you alone have to live with your vote.


You're full of crap. On this site - by you and Mars, I've been called a Nazi, told I am not a Conservative, not a true Republican, etc.



I'll put my commitment to being a Conservative and committed to Constitutional values up against anyone. Your accusations are hollow.
D
Ddawg
snoscythe wrote:
my only comments have been to encourage everyone to seek out through study and prayer what the right choice is and follow their conscious. I've never once said that that would be for or against any given candidate.


That's a little disingenuos and passive-aggressive. I don't see how anyone can read your posts and not come to the same conclusion Ddawg has.


Bingo!
G
Guest
snoscythe wrote:
my only comments have been to encourage everyone to seek out through study and prayer what the right choice is and follow their conscious. I've never once said that that would be for or against any given candidate.


That's a little disingenuos and passive-aggressive. I don't see how anyone can read your posts and not come to the same conclusion Ddawg has.


hawkwing wrote:
I'm sure if the Lord wants us to commit the murder of American values he will make it known via strong, unmistakable revelation, just as with Nephi.


http://cougarcorner.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=19856&p=227385&hilit=pray#p227385


hawkwing wrote:
I have confirmation that my opinion is 100% accurate and comes from a much better source than yours and I know that it is correct and right for me and my family.


http://cougarcorner.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=19856&hilit=pray&start=10



Unless you take the position that God may be telling different people to vote for different candidates?


I'll accept your point on the first quote, but not the second where I clearly say that it is solely for me and my family. I think it's very possible that the Lord would give different answers to different families based on different needs they may have.
M
Mars
Ddawg wrote:
You're full of crap. On this site - by you and Mars, I've been called a Nazi, told I am not a Conservative, not a true Republican, etc. I'll put my commitment to being a Conservative and committed to Constitutional values up against anyone. Your accusations are hollow.

Eh. Trump is running on the same political platform that Hitler successfully ran on- hatred against foreigners, targeting one minority segment of the populace.



I don't see Trump as either a Republican or a Conservative. Republicans and Conservatives have a hard decision to make on whether to support him regardless, or whether not to. It's been interesting to see where that line has fallen thus far, with many such as Paul Ryan, George Bush, George W. Bush, and Mitt Romney strongly opposing Trump, and more seeming to join them publicly each day.
S
Schmoe
Mars wrote:

Eh. Trump is running on the same political platform that Hitler successfully ran on- hatred against foreigners, targeting one minority segment of the populace.


:roll: Hitler ran on strong national socialism and united people against the Jews who weren't committing terrorist acts in the country and were there legally.



https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reductio_ad_Hitlerum
Page 1 of 2
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.