Archived Topic

Rewatching BYU vs. Texas 2013

by Schmoe · 7/31/2016

Advertisement
S
Schmoe
Had a lazy day today and decided to pull up a game on BYUtv. I was at the BYU-Texas game in 2013, so I thought it would be a good one to relive through the magic of television. A couple thoughts:



1-The fun: Man that was a fun game! There was basically a tropical storm that delayed the start of the game, and I was waiting under the covering outside a gas station with a bunch of other fans from both schools. One TX fan who was talking with other longhorns was saying things like "...and this is huge for them. They've never had a school like Texas come here before." It was fun to imagine what he must have been saying to his friends after the game.



2-The defense: having Bronson and Van Noy was killer, the QB couldn't get rid of the ball quick enough.



3-The offense: I forgot just how explosive Taysom was, this acted as a good reminder. I also forgot how much I loved to watch Lasike get going north-south and just truck defensive backs.



4-The attitude: Texas was ranked #13 coming into the game and we were unranked, but it didn't feel for a moment like our guys felt that we were underdogs. One of the lasting effects from Bronco's tenure will be the attitude that we can play with anyone and belong on the field with any team.
S
SpiffCoug
I remember having a blast with Schmoe after the tornado.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.