Archived Topic

Jakob Hartsock off the team

by hawkwing · 7/18/2016

Advertisement
G
Guest
Team pictures were released and then removed today showing that Jakob Hartsock was no longer on the team.
B
BroncoBot
hawkwing wrote:
Team pictures were released and then removed today showing that Jakob Hartsock was no longer on the team.

hmmmm... why does this mean he's off the team?
G
Guest
BroncoBot wrote:
Team pictures were released and then removed today showing that Jakob Hartsock was no longer on the team.

hmmmm... why does this mean he's off the team?

Rumors have been circulating for awhile now that Hartsock was leaving the team. This is being seen as evidence.
B
BroncoBot
hawkwing wrote:
hawkwing wrote:
Team pictures were released and then removed today showing that Jakob Hartsock was no longer on the team.

hmmmm... why does this mean he's off the team?

Rumors have been circulating for awhile now that Hartsock was leaving the team. This is being seen as evidence.

Got it. Time with tell I suppose.



Where is Craigoscarson?
F
Fido
LoyalCougars lists Jakob Hartsock and Alan Hamson as "Left the team to focus on academics". They also list Graham Pingree as "Did not rejoin team post-mission".



That leaves these 14 players on the roster as of now:

Guards:

Steven Beo, FR

Elijah Bryant, SO

Nick Emery, SO

Zach Frampton, FR

TJ Haws, FR

LJ Rose, SR



Forwards:

Jamal Aytes, JR

Yoeli Childs, FR

Kyle Davis, SR

Davin Guinn, JR

Eric Mika, SO

Braiden Shaw, SO



Centers:

Payton Dastrup, FR

Corbin Kaufusi, JR
Advertisement
S
SpiffCoug
Interesting that they list Mika as a forward and Dastrup as a center. I'd have switched those two.
E
EM_Puma
Is it me or has there been, in the last 3 years, more turnover than has been customary at BYU? It does seem like we're losing a lot of the "fringe" players or those that would normally develop into starters. Hartsock seemed a viable player and now it sounds as if he's gone. That after only one year playing after his mission?
G
Guest
I'm slightly concerned that we've done such a poor job lately with keeping legacy players on the team.
B
byufan4ever
I understand that everyone wants playing time and to be a starter, but yeah, I'd say the turnover has been much higher than normal. Why is Dave Rose not able to keep these guys? Is Pope whispering into our fringe players' ears about more PT?
S
Schmoe
hawkwing wrote:
I'm slightly concerned that we've done such a poor job lately with keeping legacy players on the team.


Rose obviously hasn't been doing enough to bring in former players and endear himself, the program, and the school to said alumni.
Advertisement
S
snoscythe
I don't know that I would consider Hartsock a "legacy" player.
S
Schmoe
snoscythe wrote:
I don't know that I would consider Hartsock a "legacy" player.


Sure, but I mean, Rose isn't a BYU-first guy: he's not an alumnus and he's never specifically stated he wants to be at BYU for the long haul. We probably should get someone who played at BYU and stack the coaching staff with BYU alums. That's what matters. ;)
E
EM_Puma
I don't know if it is Rose or the attitude of players today. If they don't get major minutes like they did in high school or juco, they seem so very impatient. I guess I understand some, because you have the 4 years of actual playing time and then it's over. Hardly any of those that move around are going to be going anywhere near the NBA, so is their focus solely on finding a place that will love them more with playing minutes or are they still worried that their track at BYU won't get them to where they want to go?



I don't pay attention enough to know if we have more turnover than the our rival teams (Utah, Gonzaga), but we've sure had a fair share of transfers to BYU as well from other schools. Is Jakob's brother no longer the grad assistant at BYU?
S
Stirfry
Having seen Hamson in person once over the winter it would have been shocking to see that guy make it through more than just a handful of games without a serious injury. Sooo skinny
B
BroncoBot
Stirfry wrote:
Having seen Hamson in person once over the winter it would have been shocking to see that guy make it through more than just a handful of games without a serious injury. Sooo skinny

Same opinion. Not excited if we are counting on Hamson to bang in the box.
Advertisement
G
Guest
BroncoBot wrote:
Having seen Hamson in person once over the winter it would have been shocking to see that guy make it through more than just a handful of games without a serious injury. Sooo skinny

Same opinion. Not excited if we are counting on Hamson to bang in the box.

He's no longer on the team, so no worries there.
B
BroncoBot
hawkwing wrote:
Stirfry wrote:
Having seen Hamson in person once over the winter it would have been shocking to see that guy make it through more than just a handful of games without a serious injury. Sooo skinny

Same opinion. Not excited if we are counting on Hamson to bang in the box.

He's no longer on the team, so no worries there.

thanks.
S
stuckinbig10country
The sarcasm of Schmoe in this thread is amazing.



My understanding is the Chapman transfer was because of the BYU law school not letting him play during his first year.
Page 1 of 2
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.