Archived Topic

The 52 year curse is over

by EM_Puma · 6/20/2016

Advertisement
E
EM_Puma
I was six years old when the Cleveland Browns last won an NFL championship and that would go down as the last national championship won by any professional sport team in Cleveland, OH. I was born and raised 30 some miles south of Cleveland and every Cleveland team became ours and we poured our all as hearts into year after year, seeking out that elusive championship. I'm a big Browns, Cavs and Tribe fan and I've lived with the "almost" years so many times and now finally to know that feeling. I don't know if people from this area can understand what it's like to cover the expanse of professional teams and always have bright spots that almost make it, but never do.



Go Cavs--2016 National NBA Champions!!!!
C
Cougarfan87
EM_Puma wrote:
I was six years old when the Cleveland Browns last won an NFL championship and that would go down as the last national championship won by any professional sport team in Cleveland, OH. I was born and raised 30 some miles south of Cleveland and every Cleveland team became ours and we poured our all as hearts into year after year, and seeking out that elusive championship. I'm a big Browns, Cavs and Tribe fan and I've lived with the "almost" years so many times and now finally to know that feeling. I don't know if people from this area can understand what it's like to cover the expanse of professional teams and always have bright spots that almost make it, but never do.



Go Cavs--2016 National NBA Champions!!!!


Congrats! I was pulling for Cleveland's tortured fan base even though the Cavs are not my team.
I
imuakahuku
Funny they kept saying Cleveland deserved it. I'm not sure they deserved it more but I do know they needed it more. I was so glad to see LJ get it done and he has meant so much to NE Ohio. It reminded me of Kahuku football last year. It became apparent and I think eventually some sportscaster will see it. One team was playing for a championship and one was playing for a community.
F
frdbtr
So the Warriors did 2 things this year that no team has ever done before. They won 73 games and they lost the finals after getting a 3-1 lead.
C
Cougarfan87
frdbtr wrote:
So the Warriors did 2 things this year that no team has ever done before. They won 73 games and they lost the finals after getting a 3-1 lead.


Ouch. That's got to sting a little. :lol:
Advertisement
E
EM_Puma
Cougarfan87 wrote:
So the Warriors did 2 things this year that no team has ever done before. They won 73 games and they lost the finals after getting a 3-1 lead.


Ouch. That's got to sting a little. :lol:


I'm sure the feeling was akin to BYU dominating rugby and volleyball and both being upset in the national championships.



I like LJ, but if he wasn't one of your own, I can see how some would dislike him. That happens all the time in sports. It's not easy for me to see Delavadova playing for my Cavs after what he did to us and the same goes for Urban Meyer with my Buckeyes. It's different when suddenly they're on your team, but it's still not an automatic. Lebron James grew up 15 miles from where I did and knows Akron like I probably do and it's great to see one of our own reached that level, especially when you're from a "rust belt" part of the country.
M
Mars
And Lebron's favorite NBA team growing up was the Chicago Bulls.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.