Archived Topic

LJ Rose Committs

by scott715 · 6/16/2016

Advertisement
F
Fido
Great! Perfect in that he is a skilled guard which was a need with Jordan Chatman leaving. Better yet is he will be a senior this year so shouldn't contribute to the scholarship crunch in 2017-18 that might be there if they had to bring in an underclassman.



That leaves one open scholarship. It will be interesting to see what Dave Rose does with it.



It is also interesting that this makes 5 non-mission players on the team (Aytes, Beo, Bryant, Childs, Rose). It has been a while since I remember having that many on the team at once.
S
snoscythe
I'm glad we got added depth on the guardline, especially with Chatman leaving, but I'm not counting on LJ being a key contributor given his history of injury. I look at him more as a leadership addition than someone who will move the needle in games
B
BlueK
If he's healthy he will move the needle in games. He has excellent assist per minute numbers and assist/TO ratio through his career. Since HS he's been called a pass-first PG. That's exactly what this team with lots of shooters needs.
Advertisement
B
BlueK
low risk with high reward potential. 2 scholarships available and no one better than this out there who we could have gotten. I've read that this type of injury usually recurs because someone isn't patient enough with the recovery time, but one most players will fully recover from if they are patient. Since he sat out the whole season maybe he'll be in the latter group. I know why people keep their expectations low, but he has the type of skillset next year's team will need.
B
BlueK
With LJ Rose, BYU will now have six top-100 players on the roster next year. This blows away anything BYU has had in the past. I know it's natural to base expectations on past experience, so therefore many of us just hope the team is going to be good but maybe expect about the same. The problem is that only works when the talent is roughly the same. So either these guys are going to vastly underperform their rating or we're in for some excitement in basketball we've not seen before.
G
Guest
BlueK wrote:
With LJ Rose, BYU will now have six top-100 players on the roster next year. This blows away anything BYU has had in the past. I know it's natural to base expectations on past experience, so therefore many of us just hope the team is going to be good but maybe expect about the same. The problem is that only works when the talent is roughly the same. So either these guys are going to vastly underperform their rating or we're in for some excitement in basketball we've not seen before.

I hope it's the latter.
S
snoscythe
hawkwing wrote:
I'm glad to have him on the team, he's got some great tattoos, but I doubt he'll ever be a particularly important piece with his injury history.



https://twitter.com/rtmccombs/status/743263050451525633


He may have more, but Rashaun Broadus has some pretty swell ink--I'd give the "best" nod to Broadus.
G
Guest
snoscythe wrote:
I'm glad to have him on the team, he's got some great tattoos, but I doubt he'll ever be a particularly important piece with his injury history.



https://twitter.com/rtmccombs/status/743263050451525633


He may have more, but Rashaun Broadus has some pretty swell ink--I'd give the "best" nod to Broadus.


Pics or it didn't happen.
Advertisement
S
snoscythe
Unfortunately, Shaun was here in the pre-facebook/share-everything era, so I don't have any shirtless pics of him since he generally played for BYU with a shirt on. He had a nice back panel as well.



http://img.deseretnews.com/images/top/main/68102/68102.jpg" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
G
Guest
snoscythe wrote:
Unfortunately, Shaun was here in the pre-facebook/share-everything era, so I don't have any shirtless pics of him since he generally played for BYU with a shirt on. He had a nice back panel as well.

I hoped you could dip into your private supply of shirtless pics of BYU players! :bug: :lol:
S
snoscythe
hawkwing wrote:
Unfortunately, Shaun was here in the pre-facebook/share-everything era, so I don't have any shirtless pics of him since he generally played for BYU with a shirt on. He had a nice back panel as well.

I hoped you could dip into your private supply of shirtless pics of BYU players! :bug: :lol:


https://m.popkey.co/f2682c/Yo3E_f-maxage-0_s-200x150.gif" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.