Archived Topic

BLACKOUT against Utah State

by Fido · 6/15/2016

Advertisement
A
ABYUFAN
FWIW I'm still the stick in the mud that hates blackout games... To me they're stupid "me too" statements (Like the NCAA patch on our uniforms) We can do better
T
TulaneVandyRiceCoug
I think these are cool. I'll dye hair white for the whiteout, wear my royal blue velvet blazer for the others, then maybe go with a black tuxedo for Utah State. Those black jerseys are sweet though. Maybe I'll find one of those.
H
HoosierCougar
Good planning... the blackout game starts at 5:30 PM. would be bad to have a blackout game at noon or 1 pm in early September.
B
BOID
What does it mean to say "Reppin The Y?" As in practice "rep's?"



I think that gimmick uniforms are a bust if you don't win. The extra attention they bring can be an embarrassment. I remember feeling that way when BYU lost to Oregon State in all black, in 2012, I believe. The uni's looked cool until the game was dropped. The all royals were involved in losses, IIRC, against Utah in 2013, and against Utah St in 2014, when Taysom's ankle was rolled on and fractured.



The all whites have had a better record, with wins against SDSU in 2012, and against Virginia in 2014. I'm not sure about the other black out.... That may have been a win against UNLV in 2014.



I say to BYU: If you're going to put on those black uniforms..... You had better win.
Advertisement
R
redneckjedi
If we're going all black again, could we at least put one of these somewhere on the uniform?



http://www.vectortemplates.com/raster/batman-logo-big.gif" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">



I mean, it's oval-shaped like our logo, and the dude who uses it actually has black as his primary color. ;)
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.