S
scott715Archived Topic
Blast from the Past 2001 BYU-MSU Highlights
by scott715 · 6/11/2016
Advertisement
F
frdbtrGood vid. Can anyone imagine what 2001 could have been if Bronco were coaching the defense that year? I hate to do the what if game but what if? :)
S
SpiffCougfrdbtr wrote:
Good vid. Can anyone imagine what 2001 could have been if Bronco were coaching the defense that year? I hate to do the what if game but what if? :)
Yep. With the amount of talent on that defense, they really should have been much, much better.
F
frdbtrSpiffCoug wrote:Good vid. Can anyone imagine what 2001 could have been if Bronco were coaching the defense that year? I hate to do the what if game but what if? :)
Yep. With the amount of talent on that defense, they really should have been much, much better.
I agree, that defense was absolutely loaded with talent. Some of that talent played in the NFL for years and yet it gave up about 35pts per game. Horribly coached defense.
R
redneckjediEven with the awful defense, we were 12-0 until we lost Staley. We could totally have outscored Hawaii with a healthy Staley. We lost that game 72-45, and I'm convinced it would have been completely different with him in it. Also, half of the 27-point differential was two long special teams TDs in the 1st quarter, which (technically) is not on the defense. If those don't happen, and we're not in an early hole, and we have Staley in the backfield with Doman, I think we win that game regardless of what the defense does.
That said, the defense did absolutely underperform that year. The amazing thing is that it didn't come back to bite us until the last game of the season.
That said, the defense did absolutely underperform that year. The amazing thing is that it didn't come back to bite us until the last game of the season.
Advertisement
S
SpiffCougWe also fumbled 9 times losing 6 of them. Staley likely prevents several of those lost fumbles as well.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.

