Archived Topic

BYU Selling More Tickets Than Arizona!

by byufan4ever · 5/26/2016

Advertisement
S
scott715
I wish they gave numbers for each side. I hope it was so bad that they did not want to say. UA was pleading with their fans to buy tickets.
M
mormonrasta
scott715 wrote:
I wish they gave numbers for each side. I hope it was so bad that they did not want to say. UA was pleading with their fans to buy tickets.


It looks like BYU fans are outselling Arizona fans by a significant margin. Here is the seat map:



http://www.ticketmaster.com/arizona-wildcats-vs-byu-cougars-football-glendale-arizona-09-03-2016/event/1900502CFB584328



I purchased my tickets on the Arizona side just because they had more selection. There seems to be quite a few BYU fans doing the same thing. It could be a 2 to 1 ratio by September.
S
Schmoe
When do we start the roll call for this thing? (I know, I know, it's 100 days away still) My father and I will be down, do CC'ers want to meet up sometime over the weekend?
S
scott715
I've been thinking about it. I will probably go. Just need to figure out if any of my family will go too.
Advertisement
G
Guest
I have my tickets, I'm up for a lunch or something there.
B
billbillbillbill
I have my tickets. The group I'm going with keep bringing up Golf and I keep reminding them that this game is taking place in August in Phoenix. Less than 100 days to go!
G
Guest
billbillbillbill wrote:
I have my tickets. The group I'm going with keep bringing up Golf and I keep reminding them that this game is taking place in August in Phoenix. Less than 100 days to go!


You don't like golfing in 127 degree weather?!
M
MileHighCougarFan
I lived in Tucson for a couple of years and went to the game in '06 in Tucson. It was the first sellout in years for UofA. It seemed like at least half of the stadium was filled w/ BYU fans. A larger number of people from our ward had gone to BYU for undergrad then on to UofA for MBA or medical degree. Even people who did not attend BYU were big fans. Some were fans of both, but at the game were supporting the Cougars, so I am not surprised by the way things are going w/ ticket sales so far.
C
CrimsonCoug
It's not just Arizona.

We got our tickets for the game at FedEx field in DC through the WVA side because the selection was better--far fewer sold tickets. And DC has the highest concentration of Mormons east of the Rockies. I'm predicting a BYU-centric crowd there, too.



I know we complain about not-so-neutral site games, but our fans make up for it!
Advertisement
R
runbyu1
I just bought tickets on the Arizona side...section 408, 1st row of the upper bowl. It is going to be interesting to see how many BYU fans are there come game day!



Who else is on the AZ side and is anyone else close to me?
S
scott715
We are still trying to decide where to get our 9 tickets.
R
runbyu1
There's 11 seats open next to me, 1st row of the upper bowl section 408!
S
scott715
We were looking at tickets on Ticketmaster. The service charge was $18 a ticket. Any suggestions on how to get tickets. What if we got them on game day at the stadium?
S
Sharper
I also bought (early) on the Arizona side of the field back in March because there overwhelmingly already wasn't anything decent available on the BYU side. I suspect there will be a lot of other BYU fans on the AZ side as well.



I have two tickets for my wife and I for section 110 (about the 35 yard line) row 12 seats 1-2, but I also have six more for section 110, row 2, 9-14. Those are currently posted on stubhub, but if they don't sell they'll go to the kids and their grandparents.



Way more BYU fans 8) in the Phoenix area who don't get to see the team in person very often (we mostly go to all the western bowl games BYU ends up in) than there are Arizona fans who will think of it as a special occasion.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.