Archived Topic

Coach Holliday talking trash on twitter?

by Fido · 5/25/2016

Advertisement
F
Fido
734079958843334656

This conversation was in response to this picture:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Ci_ypSFUoAEAhY5.jpg" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
B
BroncoBot
Fido wrote:
734079958843334656

This conversation was in response to this picture:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Ci_ypSFUoAEAhY5.jpg" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">

Ha ha. Thanks LOSER!
B
BroncoBot
Fido wrote:
734079958843334656

This conversation was in response to this picture:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Ci_ypSFUoAEAhY5.jpg" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">

Ha ha. Thanks LOSER for your contributions to those losses.
G
Guest
Good for him. He talked trash and got under the Ute's skin when he was at BYU, now he's doing the same thing there.
S
snoscythe
What's the worst is BYU fans can't really fight back without looking dumb or petty...
Advertisement
A
ABYUFAN
Fido wrote:
734079958843334656

This conversation was in response to this picture:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Ci_ypSFUoAEAhY5.jpg" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">

... and even though the other team will win this time... the school with the suckiest receiver coach will yet again lose...
B
BOID
He shouldn't be counting the proverbial chickens before, you know, they hatch into pluses for him. There's a new sheriff in town at BYU, and two Heisman quality QB's. BYU is loaded with receivers, despite graduating Mitch and Devon. The utes have not historically been good at developing QB's, outside of Alex Smith. Travis Wilson was not great, but he was serviceable, and now gone. BYU's offense scored 28 honest, unanswered points on them in LV, and should be even better this year. Can the utes hold BYU to under 35 points this season? Probably not. Can the Utes get 35 quick points off TO's, pick 6's, and short fields again? Well, they can dream, but that is not likely to happen again. Their offense is surely not going to produce at that level.



Guy should be worried about being on the losing side again.



Maybe the Utes will call the game off for reasons of the need to keep their players SAFE.
F
frdbtr
I liked Coach Holliday. Not a fan of him being on the other side of the rivalry but he did nothing but speak the truth, a truth that is likely not going to change this year. I hope that this coaching staff turns out to be as good as the current hype, in fact I would hope that this coaching staff turns out half as good as the hype but the reality is most of the fans going nuts right now are going to be calling for this coaching staff's heads by year end.
B
BOID
frdbtr wrote:
I liked Coach Holliday. Not a fan of him being on the other side of the rivalry but he did nothing but speak the truth, a truth that is likely not going to change this year. I hope that this coaching staff turns out to be as good as the current hype, in fact I would hope that this coaching staff turns out half as good as the hype but the reality is most of the fans going nuts right now are going to be calling for this coaching staff's heads by year end.


I won't be unhappy with them over a losing record. It will be understandable, if that happens, due to new coaching staff, new game plans, etc.



It's just that I'm not expecting a losing season. For example, I think this team could play up to the Utes, even if they had no coaches at all. OK, maybe that's a stretch, but I'm simply bullish on this team, and the new staff. That doesn't mean that I would go vindictively crazy against them if they take a few seasons to get their stuff together. They'll get boat-loads of sympathy and patience from me.



I just won't be surprised if they end up kicking some serious butt.
F
frdbtr
BOID wrote:
I liked Coach Holliday. Not a fan of him being on the other side of the rivalry but he did nothing but speak the truth, a truth that is likely not going to change this year. I hope that this coaching staff turns out to be as good as the current hype, in fact I would hope that this coaching staff turns out half as good as the hype but the reality is most of the fans going nuts right now are going to be calling for this coaching staff's heads by year end.


I won't be unhappy with them over a losing record. It will be understandable, if that happens, due to new coaching staff, new game plans, etc.



It's just that I'm not expecting a losing season. For example, I think this team could play up to the Utes, even if they had no coaches at all. OK, maybe that's a stretch, but I'm simply bullish on this team, and the new staff. That doesn't mean that I would go vindictively crazy against them if they take a few seasons to get their stuff together. They'll get boat-loads of sympathy and patience from me.



I just won't be surprised if they end up kicking some serious butt.


That's what everyone says, but I watched how quickly everyone turned on Crowton after a 12-0 start. Everyone knows I'm not bullish on this coaching staff but I will be rooting for them in every game. I will give them more than just this year to succeed, but if they don't show signs of getting things going by 2017, I will be in the fire Sitake so we can promote Detmer camp. Maybe that will be Sitake's contribution to the BYU coaching legacy, getting Detmer here.
Advertisement
S
scott715
I still don't understand why KS didn't retain Holladay. He is a very good recruiter and has had a lot of success get guys into the NFL.
F
frdbtr
scott715 wrote:
I still don't understand why KS didn't retain Holladay. He is a very good recruiter and has had a lot of success get guys into the NFL.


It's simple, he wasn't a "BYU guy", even though he was loyal enough not to follow Bronco to Virginia.
B
BOID
frdbtr, that's a very interesting point. I also am eager to keep Detmer around. I'm hoping that he doesn't get offers to be a HC somewhere else, before he has a HC opening at BYU. It's not that I'm wanting to see Sitake pushed out. It's just that I hope that Detmer stays at BYU for a long time, in whatever capacity, and not be enticed to go elsewhere.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.