Archived Topic

Which home game are you looking forward to the most?

by Fido · 5/16/2016

Advertisement
F
Fido
While we are biding our time, here is a question: Which home game are you looking forward to the most? I'd love to hear which and why. It might be because of the date, or the opponent, or just being a big game--to watch a friend down the depth chart get to play a weaker opponent, whatever the reason.
Y
YNot
UCLA - home opener in mid-September when evening weather is usually fantastic - against a PAC 12 opponent that barely beat us last year! Should be a big game.



Also, if we don't win this one, it could be a long September and a long season.
W
Wolverine
I voted for Mississippi State. It's a team I have never seen before and it's the SEC. I've already seen UCLA and several PAC 10 + 2 teams in LES.
S
scott715
I like all but 2 of them. I picked UCLA because I used to be their fan until I went to the Y. Now no more. That is a game I have a shot at going. It is the first home game so it will come sooner.
G
Guest
I picked Southern Utah because they've stolen so many of our players recently it will be nice to soundly beat them.



Haha.



Just kidding, Miss St.
Advertisement
B
BOID
I want to beat UCLA in a blow-out again. I hold a grudge against them and the entire PAC. Miss St would be a bigger win for BYU, but I want to be in the PAC 12's face. Same goes for Utah, but a bit less so for Arizona.
F
Fido
I went Utah State. It is the Thanksgiving week game, an in-state rivalry, and could be important for bowl game eligibility should things be tough early in the season. Plus I want to keep the Aggie fans in my neighborhood in check. ;)
R
redneckjedi
UCLA. Revenge game, plus it gives me a great reason to go back and watch the '08 UCLA annihilation.
Y
YNot
BOID wrote:
I want to beat UCLA in a blow-out again. I hold a grudge against them and the entire PAC. Miss St would be a bigger win for BYU, but I want to be in the PAC 12's face. Same goes for Utah, but a bit less so for Arizona.


With early games against Arizona, UCLA, and Utah, you know at some point the media will show a screenshot of where BYU falls in the PAC 12 South standings - so beating UCLA is extremely important to build the narrative that BYU would win the PAC 12 South - and not the opposite that BYU wouldn't survive.



Also, we actually have recruiting battles with UCLA, so to present the storyline that BYU can hang with UCLA in the Rose Bowl and beat them in Provo can get some nice mileage with recruits and their families.



Mississippi St. would be a nice SEC-win to feather the cap, but doesn't provide the extra benefit in local and regional media and recruiting.



Both games should be great - as games in Provo in September and early October can be electric!
C
CrimsonCoug
redneckjedi wrote:
UCLA. Revenge game, plus it gives me a great reason to go back and watch the '08 UCLA annihilation.


"I'm on point!!"

---what the Hall does that even mean, Max? No matter. Can't argue with 59-0, baby!



That 2008 game is the reason I went with UCLA--biggest blowout in UCLA history; they'll want some revenge. There's history there. Should be a great game.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.