Archived Topic

Cruz dropping out. Good luck Trumpkins.

by SpiffCoug · 5/4/2016

Advertisement
S
SpiffCoug
Again, when he loses 40 states, don't come whining to those of us who won't vote for your guy.



I will not vote for Hillary either, but it won't be on my conscience.
B
blue42
May the Lord forgive us as a nation! It is amazing how fast we have fallen, to think now we have a choice between an amoral sleaze ball and an amoral sleaze ball! THESE TWO really are the best candidates we could come up with? The only solace I can take from this is knowing this is another step down the path of what has been prophesized to happen to our great country.
G
Guest
I honestly never cared for Cruz and only supported him in the face of Trump. Now we will see what a woman lead presidency looks like at least.
I
imuakahuku
I voted Cruz in Ohio. But I will vote for Trump. The Left must not win. if you voted for Romney in the last election then voting for Trump should not be an issue. Up to four Supreme Court justices may be appointed within the next 8 years. But I think he wins the general in a landslide in at least 40 states provided the RINOs don't put up a third party candidate. Understand they wanted Cruz to win the nomination do they could help him lose too and then thumb their noses at you and say to us to just do as they say and stop complaining. The establishment wants the status quo and that is what is killing our country. The continue to allow evil liberals to get everything they wanted. We gave them the house and senate and they still fully funded obamacare. They fully funded his amnesty. They have blocked or stopped virtually nothing. And now they are waivering in caving to Obama regarding a sup ct justice. And if you couldn't tell or didn't know it Romney walks almost in lock step with these guys. That's why he came out with that speech of his. The establishment said they needed him to do it and he promptly complied. We don't need leadership like this. We need a pres for the people and not for the system. Both parties in control are happy with bigger gov. Cruz could have been a great pres but it's not happening this time. What I would love would be for Trump to tap him for VP and maybe in 4 years Trump says one term is enough and turns his support to Cruz. That would be the worst nightmare for the establishment. At the least I hope if Cruz isn't Don's vp then he gets nominated to the sup court provided they don't cave over the rest of the year and confirm obama's pick. But good luck sitting this one out. Just don't complain if Hillary wins. Do understand that this is the attitude that cost us four years ago. And those "conservatives" that didn't show up out of principle voted for Obama with their feet something a true conservative would not do.
G
Guest
I think it will actually be positive for the country and the Republicans when Donald loses the election in the biggest margin of defeat ever experienced.
Advertisement
B
BoiseBYU
How have we come to this? How have we come to this? I won't vote for HRC, but I will NEVER vote for Trump. Help us John Kasich. You're our only hope.
G
Guest
hawkwing wrote:
I think it will actually be positive for the country and the Republicans when Donald loses the election in the biggest margin of defeat ever experienced.

Look at how the Democrats have recovered from their crushing defeat at the hands of Reagan, and the Trump loss will be far bigger, so it will hopefully speed the recovery.
B
BroncoBot
imuakahuku wrote:
I voted Cruz in Ohio. But I will vote for Trump. The Left must not win. if you voted for Romney in the last election then voting for Trump should not be an issue. Up to four Supreme Court justices may be appointed within the next 8 years. But I think he wins the general in a landslide in at least 40 states provided the RINOs don't put up a third party candidate. Understand they wanted Cruz to win the nomination do they could help him lose too and then thumb their noses at you and say to us to just do as they say and stop complaining. The establishment wants the status quo and that is what is killing our country. The continue to allow evil liberals to get everything they wanted. We gave them the house and senate and they still fully funded obamacare. They fully funded his amnesty. They have blocked or stopped virtually nothing. And now they are waivering in caving to Obama regarding a sup ct justice. And if you couldn't tell or didn't know it Romney walks almost in lock step with these guys. That's why he came out with that speech of his. The establishment said they needed him to do it and he promptly complied. We don't need leadership like this. We need a pres for the people and not for the system. Both parties in control are happy with bigger gov. Cruz could have been a great pres but it's not happening this time. What I would love would be for Trump to tap him for VP and maybe in 4 years Trump says one term is enough and turns his support to Cruz. That would be the worst nightmare for the establishment. At the least I hope if Cruz isn't Don's vp then he gets nominated to the sup court provided they don't cave over the rest of the year and confirm obama's pick. But good luck sitting this one out. Just don't complain if Hillary wins. Do understand that this is the attitude that cost us four years ago. And those "conservatives" that didn't show up out of principle voted for Obama with their feet something a true conservative would not do.

Agree, mostly. 4 years ago I voted for Romney, but was not happy about it, for the same reasons you outlined above. He is a status quo, don't rock the boat, yes man for the republican party. puppet on a string. When the republican party decides to give us a real candidate with morals and with plans to actually turn this ship around, I'll get excited about voting as a republican again. Right now you could vote D or R and it doesn't matter. you'll get the same results with both currently.
I
imuakahuku
[*]
BoiseBYU wrote:
How have we come to this? How have we come to this? I won't vote for HRC, but I will NEVER vote for Trump. Help us John Kasich. You're our only hope.


Why would you want Kasich. He is pro amnesty and even stated he will legalize the illegal aliens within the first 100 days. He is pro global warming-what a great way to waste the US's wealth on a hoax and a fraud to combat plant food. He would be better than HC but at this point anyone or even a rock would be better than a democrat progressive liberal. If we get anyone other than Trump that is left in the race then say hello to more things like gay marriage. I wanted a ticket with Cruz and Carson but we don't always get what what we want. At least the people are getting a say in it this time instead of running up RINOs like Dole and Mcain.
G
Guest
I honestly cannot believe how easily Trump, who is a life-long Democratic supporter and one of Hillary Clinton's biggest donors has convinced so many people that he's more conservative than anyone that's ever been in the republican party (at least for the last 20 years).



Trump isn't even a RINO because he's not even a Republican in name!
Advertisement
S
SpiffCoug
I actually requested my political affiliation changed from Republican to Unaffiliated. I am leaving the GOP. I will not be a member of an organization with man like Trump at its head. I may return when loses in Nov, but I will not be a Republican while he claims to be.
B
BlueK
imuakahuku wrote:
I voted Cruz in Ohio. But I will vote for Trump. The Left must not win. if you voted for Romney in the last election then voting for Trump should not be an issue. Up to four Supreme Court justices may be appointed within the next 8 years. But I think he wins the general in a landslide in at least 40 states provided the RINOs don't put up a third party candidate. Understand they wanted Cruz to win the nomination do they could help him lose too and then thumb their noses at you and say to us to just do as they say and stop complaining. The establishment wants the status quo and that is what is killing our country. The continue to allow evil liberals to get everything they wanted. We gave them the house and senate and they still fully funded obamacare. They fully funded his amnesty. They have blocked or stopped virtually nothing. And now they are waivering in caving to Obama regarding a sup ct justice. And if you couldn't tell or didn't know it Romney walks almost in lock step with these guys. That's why he came out with that speech of his. The establishment said they needed him to do it and he promptly complied. We don't need leadership like this. We need a pres for the people and not for the system. Both parties in control are happy with bigger gov. Cruz could have been a great pres but it's not happening this time. What I would love would be for Trump to tap him for VP and maybe in 4 years Trump says one term is enough and turns his support to Cruz. That would be the worst nightmare for the establishment. At the least I hope if Cruz isn't Don's vp then he gets nominated to the sup court provided they don't cave over the rest of the year and confirm obama's pick. But good luck sitting this one out. Just don't complain if Hillary wins. Do understand that this is the attitude that cost us four years ago. And those "conservatives" that didn't show up out of principle voted for Obama with their feet something a true conservative would not do.


Trump is the left. Very little difference either way.
G
Guest
BlueK wrote:
I voted Cruz in Ohio. But I will vote for Trump. The Left must not win. if you voted for Romney in the last election then voting for Trump should not be an issue. Up to four Supreme Court justices may be appointed within the next 8 years. But I think he wins the general in a landslide in at least 40 states provided the RINOs don't put up a third party candidate. Understand they wanted Cruz to win the nomination do they could help him lose too and then thumb their noses at you and say to us to just do as they say and stop complaining. The establishment wants the status quo and that is what is killing our country. The continue to allow evil liberals to get everything they wanted. We gave them the house and senate and they still fully funded obamacare. They fully funded his amnesty. They have blocked or stopped virtually nothing. And now they are waivering in caving to Obama regarding a sup ct justice. And if you couldn't tell or didn't know it Romney walks almost in lock step with these guys. That's why he came out with that speech of his. The establishment said they needed him to do it and he promptly complied. We don't need leadership like this. We need a pres for the people and not for the system. Both parties in control are happy with bigger gov. Cruz could have been a great pres but it's not happening this time. What I would love would be for Trump to tap him for VP and maybe in 4 years Trump says one term is enough and turns his support to Cruz. That would be the worst nightmare for the establishment. At the least I hope if Cruz isn't Don's vp then he gets nominated to the sup court provided they don't cave over the rest of the year and confirm obama's pick. But good luck sitting this one out. Just don't complain if Hillary wins. Do understand that this is the attitude that cost us four years ago. And those "conservatives" that didn't show up out of principle voted for Obama with their feet something a true conservative would not do.


Trump is the left. Very little difference either way.


Trump is further left than Hillary.
B
BlueK
hawkwing wrote:
imuakahuku wrote:
I voted Cruz in Ohio. But I will vote for Trump. The Left must not win. if you voted for Romney in the last election then voting for Trump should not be an issue. Up to four Supreme Court justices may be appointed within the next 8 years. But I think he wins the general in a landslide in at least 40 states provided the RINOs don't put up a third party candidate. Understand they wanted Cruz to win the nomination do they could help him lose too and then thumb their noses at you and say to us to just do as they say and stop complaining. The establishment wants the status quo and that is what is killing our country. The continue to allow evil liberals to get everything they wanted. We gave them the house and senate and they still fully funded obamacare. They fully funded his amnesty. They have blocked or stopped virtually nothing. And now they are waivering in caving to Obama regarding a sup ct justice. And if you couldn't tell or didn't know it Romney walks almost in lock step with these guys. That's why he came out with that speech of his. The establishment said they needed him to do it and he promptly complied. We don't need leadership like this. We need a pres for the people and not for the system. Both parties in control are happy with bigger gov. Cruz could have been a great pres but it's not happening this time. What I would love would be for Trump to tap him for VP and maybe in 4 years Trump says one term is enough and turns his support to Cruz. That would be the worst nightmare for the establishment. At the least I hope if Cruz isn't Don's vp then he gets nominated to the sup court provided they don't cave over the rest of the year and confirm obama's pick. But good luck sitting this one out. Just don't complain if Hillary wins. Do understand that this is the attitude that cost us four years ago. And those "conservatives" that didn't show up out of principle voted for Obama with their feet something a true conservative would not do.


Trump is the left. Very little difference either way.


Trump is further left than Hillary.


That may very well be true. I won't vote for either, but I would laugh if Hillary takes Utah.
B
BoiseBYU
imuakahuku wrote:
[*]
How have we come to this? How have we come to this? I won't vote for HRC, but I will NEVER vote for Trump. Help us John Kasich. You're our only hope.


Why would you want Kasich. He is pro amnesty and even stated he will legalize the illegal aliens within the first 100 days. He is pro global warming-what a great way to waste the US's wealth on a hoax and a fraud to combat plant food. He would be better than HC but at this point anyone or even a rock would be better than a democrat progressive liberal. If we get anyone other than Trump that is left in the race then say hello to more things like gay marriage. I wanted a ticket with Cruz and Carson but we don't always get what what we want. At least the people are getting a say in it this time instead of running up RINOs like Dole and Mcain.


I said the above because in my judgment Kasich is better than Trump. by a long long shot. I see though that Kasich is dropping out too. So I guess the point is moot. I will not be voting for Trump.
Advertisement
C
Cougarfan87
snoscythe wrote:
Time to bone up on the "Third-Party" candidates:



http://www.constitutionparty.com/

https://garyjohnson2016.com/


Don't forget Austin Petersen, also a Libertarian. The Libertarian's have not chosen their candidate, yet, as their primaries have not happened. I haven't done much investigating yet, but from my Libertarian friend, the three main candidates are Gary Johnson, former Governor of New Mexico (Fiscal conservative, but a little light on other Libertarian issues, such as whether a Christian bakery should have to bake cakes for a gay wedding...he would say yes), Someone McAfee, the inventor of McAfee software (which is not a glowing endorsement. Apparently he has a somewhat shady past, including an allegation of murder), and Austin Petersen, who is not yet 35 but will be by the time of the election. He is pro-life and fiscally conservative, but I don't know much about him beyond that.



Apparently there have been a couple of Libertarian debates...you know, grown up stuff, hosted by John Stossel on Fox Business Network. Google "Stossel libertarian debates" and you should find them. I am going to watch them and form my opinions about those three candidates, as well as spread the word that we do not have to choose between two nincumpoops, and we the people can actually choose someone better. Libertarians have the advantage in that they would likely be on the ballot in all states, unlike some of the other small parties.
S
Schmoe
It's funny to me that just now people are bemoaning where our country has gone -- were we blind for the last eight years!? When Obama got reelected, it signaled the beginning of the end for me.
D
Ddawg
hawkwing wrote:
I think it will actually be positive for the country and the Republicans when Donald loses the election in the biggest margin of defeat ever experienced.

Don't count on that. Trump will break all the conventional election pundit wisdom rules. I was going to vote for Cruz in the CA primary. Not now. Trump is going to beat Hillary. Just watch. Just don't be sitting on the sideline twiddling your thumbs. Hillary must be defeated!!!
Page 1 of 3
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.