Archived Topic

The Wheel of Time coming soon to TV

by hawkwing · 4/29/2016

Advertisement
G
Guest
http://www.tor.com/2016/04/28/tv-rights-to-the-wheel-of-time-optioned-by-new-studio-with-jordan-estates-approval/


Announcement

The following is a press statement that has been approved by the studio involved in contract negotiations:



Update: Wanted to share with you exciting news about The Wheel of Time. Legal issues have been resolved. The Wheel of Time will become a cutting edge TV series! I couldn’t be more pleased. Look for the official announcement coming soon from a major studio —Harriet
B
byufan4ever
Before anyone gets too excited, haven't the TV rights been bought and changed hands several times now with nothing coming form them? From Wikipedia (take it for what it is):


In a 2000 chat on CNN.com, Robert Jordan mentioned that NBC had purchased an option to do a miniseries of The Eye of the World.[56] But he expressed doubts that the series would be made stating "key people involved in getting that contract together have left NBC."[57] The series was optioned by Universal Pictures in 2008 for film adaptations, with plans to adapt The Eye of the World as the first film.[58] Neither project ultimately emerged.


I'll wait until there's a producer and cast list before I get even a little excited. A pilot episode will have me convinced!



But, for those who want to get excited, which actors do YOU want to see for which characters? Would my fav actor Will Smith fit in somewhere? Probably not...
G
Guest
Yes, you're right, but there's significantly more momentum now and the success of Game of Thrones will definitely help as well.
S
SpiffCoug
The fact that some of the legal challenges as to whom the TV/Film rights belonged has now been reconciled is a very exciting development.
M
Mars


This show might be almost as good as Kalani Sitake is as BYU's head coach.
Advertisement
S
snoscythe
Supposedly picked up by the CW???











;)
J
jvquarterback
I'm not sure what to think of this. I don't see it translating well to TV or Movies. Love the books though.



I don't think it has the same depth as GoT.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.