Archived Topic

Black Eye - K-Whit's Wife?

by Ddawg · 1/1/2010

Advertisement
D
Ddawg
Question .... It's New Year's - I have a buddy over & visiting. He is an avid U of U fan.

We are discussing & debating football of course. He is telling me Whittingham's wife got a black eye @ the BYU vs. U of U game this year. I have not heard or read anything about this. I am in So. Calif. & a bit isolated.



Any insight, info???? Thx!!



Happy New Year!!!!

:crazy:
S
SpiffCoug
No, she got a hit in the lip by an inadvertent elbow in a scuffle between a BYU fan and her son who had thrown said fan's Blackberry into the stands. Granted, the fan was taking pictures of the Whitt family not looking pleased following the loss. At least, that's what I've been able to figure out what happened from the few reports that were out on the incident. It was definitely not a black eye. It was an overreaction by all parties involved.
B
byutx
It was Kryle's son. The Whittinghams "made restitution" and multiple charges were not filed against him.
B
bigbluepuma
The reports tended to make it look like the BYU fans' fault, but not much was said. Here's my take. The Y fans weren't being very polite, but were certainly within their legal rights to take pics of people in a public place. The U fans (more than one) jumped on the Y fans, and a scuffle ensued, during which someone hit Mrs. Whit, and someone (K-Whit's son?) threw the cell phone. I don't think that anyone was seriously hurt, and notwithstanding the Y fans' rudeness, the only ones that did anything illegal (even if it was provoked, in their view), were the U fans. Hence the "restitution" on the Whits' part, and the lack of publicity. The media was far more interested in making a big deal out of Max's comments, which are FAR different than anything that any Ute has ever said. NOT!!!
C
CougarClaw
It could have been a mascara smear. And if a BYU player was at fault...that'd make for a REALLY interesting story.
Advertisement
D
Ddawg
byutx wrote:
It was Kryle's son. The Whittinghams "made restitution" and multiple charges were not filed against him.


Restitution?? Did he replace / buy the guy a new cell phone????



Addit. Info: My buddy (we have been friends since High School) - when telling me this story today - was telling me how horrible BYU football fans are because someone punched Kyle's wife in the eye - giving her a black eye. He told me the whole fight is on video - and it proves BYU fans are just as bad as U fans. I called B.S & told him I had never heard this story.



The whole conversation began with him telling me how much he dislikes Max Hall because of his comments after the game. I asked him if he knew the background of those comments. He blew it off & told me about Kyle's wife & the "black eye" incident. Which it turns out - was not as he presented it. Thank you! I knew his version - which I'm sure he heard from another U fan - has been spun, distorted, embellished & topped w/ bias.



So - I logged onto Cougar Corner & posted my question - thanks for the good insight.

Very helpful!!

8)
S
Schmoe
Your "buddy" sounds like a dumb*** (or ute fan, they're synonymous).
B
byutx
I'm sure that Kryle/his son did more than just buy him a new blackberry as restitution-and repair/replace the AP photographer's camera. I'd be willing to bet that the BYU fan and the photographer both had their palms greased with some hush money.
D
Ddawg
Schmoe wrote:
Your "buddy" sounds like a dumb*** (or ute fan, they're synonymous).


Actually - he's a good dude. He went to Utah St. His boys both go to the U. So - all he hears is pro-U stuff from his boys & daily associates. He lives a little North of SLC. So, most of the folks up there are pro-Yewt & anti "Y." Given how long I've known him - and knowing he's a good guy - I'm surprised he's bought into the Yewt spin & the bias without getting all the facts. I'm very surprised.



Thanks for the insight Amigo's!!!!!

:crazy:
S
Schmoe
Yeah, I've got some friends that are U fans and somehow manage to be good people, but they are greatly outweighed by all the idiots I have to deal with on a day-to-day basis.
Advertisement
B
bigbluepuma
Ddawg wrote:
It was Kryle's son. The Whittinghams "made restitution" and multiple charges were not filed against him.


Restitution?? Did he replace / buy the guy a new cell phone????



Addit. Info: My buddy (we have been friends since High School) - when telling me this story today - was telling me how horrible BYU football fans are because someone punched Kyle's wife in the eye - giving her a black eye. He told me the whole fight is on video - and it proves BYU fans are just as bad as U fans. I called B.S & told him I had never heard this story.



The whole conversation began with him telling me how much he dislikes Max Hall because of his comments after the game. I asked him if he knew the background of those comments. He blew it off & told me about Kyle's wife & the "black eye" incident. Which it turns out - was not as he presented it. Thank you! I knew his version - which I'm sure he heard from another U fan - has been spun, distorted, embellished & topped w/ bias.



So - I logged onto Cougar Corner & posted my question - thanks for the good insight.

Very helpful!!

8)


Yeah, there was video. I saw it (or at least part of it) It was VERY clear that the Y guys were taking pics as the Whits were approaching, and the U guys came down from above and jumped on them. This is a whole lot different than what happened to Max's family at RES.
M
Mars
bigbluepuma wrote:
Yeah, there was video.

False.
B
bigbluepuma
Mars wrote:
Yeah, there was video.

False.




False? I guess I must have been halucenating when I saw it on the channel 5 news, or maybe they just re-staged it for our viewing pleasure. Perhaps they gave us designer video, with one version for Y fan homes, another for U fan homes and none for the Mars home. I suppose that explains it, saving Mars from having to call me a liar.
B
byutx
bigbluepuma wrote:
bigbluepuma wrote:
Yeah, there was video.

False.




False? I guess I must have been halucenating when I saw it on the channel 5 news, or maybe they just re-staged it for our viewing pleasure. Perhaps they gave us designer video, with one version for Y fan homes, another for U fan homes and none for the Mars home. I suppose that explains it, saving Mars from having to call me a liar.

There wasn't any video of the altercation.
B
Bewhyu
My idiot yewt "friend" claims that it's never been confirmed that it was Kryle's son or that restitution was paid. I showed him the posts above as proof, but he wanted a link to the article. BYUTX or others, could you send the link to silence this moron.
Advertisement
B
bigbluepuma
Bewhyu wrote:
My idiot yewt "friend" claims that it's never been confirmed that it was Kryle's son or that restitution was paid. I showed him the posts above as proof, but he wanted a link to the article. BYUTX or others, could you send the link to silence this moron.


Sorry, I don't know more than I have said. The video that I saw on the news ended right after the U fans arrived, with Mrs. Whit. and, I assume her daughter, looking very startled, but untouched. I assume that the video I saw was from a fan who just caught it on his cam.
S
Schmoe
byutx wrote:
Mars wrote:
Yeah, there was video.

False.




False? I guess I must have been halucenating when I saw it on the channel 5 news, or maybe they just re-staged it for our viewing pleasure. Perhaps they gave us designer video, with one version for Y fan homes, another for U fan homes and none for the Mars home. I suppose that explains it, saving Mars from having to call me a liar.

There wasn't any video of the altercation.


There must have been a video, because initial reports were that after the cell phone was tossed, the same guy went after someone who filmed him taking the phone.
S
snoscythe
Schmoe wrote:
bigbluepuma wrote:
bigbluepuma wrote:
Yeah, there was video.

False.




False? I guess I must have been halucenating when I saw it on the channel 5 news, or maybe they just re-staged it for our viewing pleasure. Perhaps they gave us designer video, with one version for Y fan homes, another for U fan homes and none for the Mars home. I suppose that explains it, saving Mars from having to call me a liar.

There wasn't any video of the altercation.


There must have been a video, because initial reports were that after the cell phone was tossed, the same guy went after someone who filmed him taking the phone.


It was the AP photographer who was taking the still photos of the incident whose camera was attacked. Not a video camera.
B
byutx
Bewhyu wrote:
My idiot yewt "friend" claims that it's never been confirmed that it was Kryle's son or that restitution was paid. I showed him the posts above as proof, but he wanted a link to the article. BYUTX or others, could you send the link to silence this moron.

The purpose of hush money Is that it tends to make things go away. BYU (the organization) has tons of class and plays most things close to the vest. For example, when Kessman began running his mouth, there Were many in the athletic dept. and university administration that could have completely called him out for the real reason why he would be losing his scholarship and be suspended from school. But, as usual, they kept it quiet and let him run his mouth. It's the same thing with the whittinghams. Kryle knows he can trust the Y and the individuals who were given restitution.



Ask your friend for proof that it wasn't Kryle's son.



There is no proof THAT I CAN POINT TO to back up what I am saying. Basically, though, I am EXTREMELY confident in what has been posted here.
Page 1 of 2
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.