Archived Topic

BYU Ultimate Frisbee

by BoiseBYU · 4/1/2016

Advertisement
B
BoiseBYU
Last week the team travelled to the Seattle area where they beat the no. 13 no. 11 and no. 7 teams (the University of Washington team is the no. 7 team), losing to no. 4 Oregon. BYU had previously played the then no. 1 team Wisconsin, losing a very close one 12-10. The latest rankings have BYU at no. 16, the highest ranking they've ever achieved. The national organization has said they cannot compete at the national tournament because it is to be held on a Saturday and Sunday and BYU won't play on Sunday. A number of media outlets have now picked up the story all over the country. The USU (a non-LDS person) and the UW coaches posted classy articles strongly supporting BYU. A dialogue about spiritual and religious priorities is going on. While I wish these athletes could compete at the highest levels, and I am sure they do too, I am proud that BYU stands for something.
B
BoiseBYU
scott715 wrote:
http://ultiworld.com/college-rankings/ has us #18. Here is their facebook page, https://www.facebook.com/ByuMensUltimate

http://ultiworld.com/2016/04/01/four-years-byu-non-mormon-player/ An article from a former player.

http://www.byuchiultimate.com/#!home/mainPage their website



All of the news articles, so far, are Utah based so far from what I can find.


I used this link for the #16 ranking:

http://ultiworld.com/2016/03/29/usau-ranking-approximations-byu-cincinnati-mens-no-bid-changes-womens/



The stories I've seen have been generated locally but carried in a variety of places around the country. I read an ap story in the online version of a newspaper in Alabama for example.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.