Archived Topic

Twitter changes

by hawkwing · 3/31/2016

Advertisement
G
Guest
I've made a change to the way twitter links work. You can still use the tweet button or put tweets in like this [ tweet ] 1234.... [ /tweet ] but now you can just post the link to the tweet in the body of the message and it will automatically embed the tweet. Just post the entire url in the message.
S
scott715
Sweet
E
EM_Puma
So what happened to the tweets that were always on the right side? That was one of my main attractions here. The articles are now gone as well.
G
Guest
Tweets are still there, right column, 2nd box. If you don't see them try holding Ctrl and refreshing your browser. You may have cache issues.



Articles are currently gone and will return as soon as I can program a new solution to get them to show up.
G
Gunk
hawkwing wrote:
Tweets are still there, right column, 2nd box. If you don't see them try holding Ctrl and refreshing your browser. You may have cache issues.



Articles are currently gone and will return as soon as I can program a new solution to get them to show up.

Good work. You should be translated.
Advertisement
E
EM_Puma
No workie. I tried what you suggested and I have tried it on both Chrome and Firefox to no avail. I sent you a boardmail with a screen shot.
S
sladesy
it is there on the side for me until i login and then the sidebar disappears
G
Guest
This is what it looks like for me.


Capture2.PNG
S
scott715
I don't see it but I am in the old IE7
G
Guest
You should really upgrade, it's not safe to be on the internet with that old of a version of IE.



http://chrome.com
Advertisement
G
Guest
I discovered a bug in the code that was hiding the column for registered users. It showed it to administrators and to guests, but once you logged in it went away. I've corrected that little issue and with a refresh everyone should see it.
C
Cougarfan87
hawkwing wrote:
I discovered a bug in the code that was hiding the column for registered users. It showed it to administrators and to guests, but once you logged in it went away. I've corrected that little issue and with a refresh everyone should see it.


Yes, it is there now. Thank you for all you do for this site.
B
billbillbillbill
Looks great! Thanks
S
sladesy
very good. all showing now
S
scott715
I had heard that IE10 sucks so I have not upgraded.
Advertisement
G
Guest
scott715 wrote:
I had heard that IE10 sucks so I have not upgraded.

That's why I posted a link for Chrome, which is awesome.



But in all honestly, it's not safe to browse with IE7, there are a number of hacks and exploits that can take advantage of the security flaws in it. You may want to test out one of the other browsers and see if there's something else out there you like.
F
Fido
IE10? Just go with 11 if you want to use Microsoft. Otherwise I'd do Chrome.
U
Ungoy
IE serves one purpose... Use it to download Chrome right after installing Windows... :)
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.