Q
QmanFischer and KC played big minutes and made big plays for us last year and we have a lot of production to replace.
My Projected Starting Lineup
Emery
Bryant
Chatman
Davis
Mika
The Returning Starters
Emery is going to be a team leader next year and I hope he can figure out how to be more consistent. I worry that as the teams #1 returning scorer defenses are going to force him into a lot of turnovers.
Davis is going to be asked to fill a bigger role. I hope puts the work in the weigh room to be able to dominate on block next year. Because I foresee him coughing the ball up a lot.
My Projected Starters
Mika is one the most talented big men we have every had at BYU. I expect him to start slow with mission rust but we will desperately need his scoring inside.
Elijah Bryant is going to be very important to our success next year. Teams are going to focus on Emery and we will need a second ballhandler/creator. As a red-shirt sophomore he should have enough experience to make a positive impact right away.
Chatman- some might want to start Haws and he might earn it but for the team to reach its full potential we need some to take the defensive burden on the perimeter. If he can add a little more strength to improve his defense and drives to the hoop, then he'll demand playing time.
Key Bench Players
Haws is the only other scholarship guard on next years team. We are going to need him to play big minutes. In HS he was a great scorer and we going to need plenty of that. Apparently he just returned from his mission, so I expect he will not have a lot of mission rust.
Kaufusi when locked in, is a key force for us on the boards and on D. I expect Mika's minutes to be limited by his conditioning and foul trouble. Hopefully Kaufusi can improve his fundamentals a little more to unlock his talents even more.
The Big Unknowns
Can someone out of Aytes, Hartsock, Dastrup or Childs emerge to take over the backup 4 minutes? We will need some scoring out of that spot.
Can any of them slide over to guard 3's? We are so thin on wings I expect to see zone with Hartsock at 3 due foul trouble etc. Of course this strategy would put more pressure on Haws, Emery and Bryant as the teams ball-handlers.
Does Aytes buckle down, stay healthy and improve his game? Or does he transfer again? Childs and Dastrup play his position, are highly touted and will play 4 years in a row.
Will any of the walk on guards emerge as an important role player?
My Projected Starting Lineup
Emery
Bryant
Chatman
Davis
Mika
The Returning Starters
Emery is going to be a team leader next year and I hope he can figure out how to be more consistent. I worry that as the teams #1 returning scorer defenses are going to force him into a lot of turnovers.
Davis is going to be asked to fill a bigger role. I hope puts the work in the weigh room to be able to dominate on block next year. Because I foresee him coughing the ball up a lot.
My Projected Starters
Mika is one the most talented big men we have every had at BYU. I expect him to start slow with mission rust but we will desperately need his scoring inside.
Elijah Bryant is going to be very important to our success next year. Teams are going to focus on Emery and we will need a second ballhandler/creator. As a red-shirt sophomore he should have enough experience to make a positive impact right away.
Chatman- some might want to start Haws and he might earn it but for the team to reach its full potential we need some to take the defensive burden on the perimeter. If he can add a little more strength to improve his defense and drives to the hoop, then he'll demand playing time.
Key Bench Players
Haws is the only other scholarship guard on next years team. We are going to need him to play big minutes. In HS he was a great scorer and we going to need plenty of that. Apparently he just returned from his mission, so I expect he will not have a lot of mission rust.
Kaufusi when locked in, is a key force for us on the boards and on D. I expect Mika's minutes to be limited by his conditioning and foul trouble. Hopefully Kaufusi can improve his fundamentals a little more to unlock his talents even more.
The Big Unknowns
Can someone out of Aytes, Hartsock, Dastrup or Childs emerge to take over the backup 4 minutes? We will need some scoring out of that spot.
Can any of them slide over to guard 3's? We are so thin on wings I expect to see zone with Hartsock at 3 due foul trouble etc. Of course this strategy would put more pressure on Haws, Emery and Bryant as the teams ball-handlers.
Does Aytes buckle down, stay healthy and improve his game? Or does he transfer again? Childs and Dastrup play his position, are highly touted and will play 4 years in a row.
Will any of the walk on guards emerge as an important role player?

