B
Brayden GreenWhat a great job they did this year. There were ups and downs, (and a mission age lapse) and some serious adversity that they faced this year, and they put it together for a very successful run. It would be hard to list all of the great things that happened, but a few off the top of my head are:
- Dave Rose won 20+ games for the 11th time straight and is one of only 7 active coaches to do this. The others are a bunch of nobodies (Krzyzewski, Self, Few, Pitino, Roy Williams, Dambrot.
- Kyle Collinsworth is the all-time triple doubles leader in NCAA history, doubling Shaq O'Neal's totals. Ended his career first in assists and rebounds and 7th and top 10 in steals (and I think points also).
- Emery set the all time record for threes made (stealing it from Ainge). I think that he also took freshman points from Ainge, but I'd have to look that up.
- Fischer set the all-time record for threes made in a season at BYU,
- Seljaas shot over 61% from 3 point land. Over an entire season. With a lot of shot attempts. That's just awesome.
The future is bright. We have some really good talent coming in to BYU in the next year. BUt that doesn't mean that what the Cougs accomplished this year wasn't special in its own way. It was. Thanks for the good times, and for the frustrating ones Cougs.
(I almost get a little teary eyed when I think that this is the last time I am going to see Nate Austin trip and absolutely pancake the other teams' guard flat).
- Dave Rose won 20+ games for the 11th time straight and is one of only 7 active coaches to do this. The others are a bunch of nobodies (Krzyzewski, Self, Few, Pitino, Roy Williams, Dambrot.
- Kyle Collinsworth is the all-time triple doubles leader in NCAA history, doubling Shaq O'Neal's totals. Ended his career first in assists and rebounds and 7th and top 10 in steals (and I think points also).
- Emery set the all time record for threes made (stealing it from Ainge). I think that he also took freshman points from Ainge, but I'd have to look that up.
- Fischer set the all-time record for threes made in a season at BYU,
- Seljaas shot over 61% from 3 point land. Over an entire season. With a lot of shot attempts. That's just awesome.
The future is bright. We have some really good talent coming in to BYU in the next year. BUt that doesn't mean that what the Cougs accomplished this year wasn't special in its own way. It was. Thanks for the good times, and for the frustrating ones Cougs.
(I almost get a little teary eyed when I think that this is the last time I am going to see Nate Austin trip and absolutely pancake the other teams' guard flat).

