Archived Topic

Major Site Update Coming Soon

by hawkwing · 3/29/2016

Advertisement
G
Guest
I wanted to let everyone know that over the coming days I plan on deploying a major site update. This will update a lot of the underlying code that makes this site work. We will temporarily lose a few features like the CougarCorner Man Updates as I will have to reprogram them from scratch to work with the new code.



The new code will make using the site easier for you as well as run more smoothly on the server. It will have fewer page requests and work asynchronously for many tasks. New users will also be able (in theory) to register with their google or facebook accounts, which should make it easier for new members to join us.



Heads up, in case you hit a moment where the site looks different, or doesn't work. Just be patient and keep trying back.
S
Screamineagle
Thanks look forward to seeing what you do to the site.
S
snoscythe
http://vomzi.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/latest-oh-snap-gif-569.gif" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
S
snoscythe
And then today....



http://rack.0.mshcdn.com/media/ZgkyMDEzLzA2LzE4LzdjL0JlYWtlci4zOWJhOC5naWYKcAl0aHVtYgkxMjAweDk2MDA-/4a93e3c4/4a4/Beaker.gif" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">



http://vomzi.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/new-panic-gif-110.gif" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
G
Guest
Everyone should be able to post now.



Let me know if you experience any issues.
Advertisement
S
scott715
looking for the unread post feature. I really liked that to quickly read the new material.



I was going to break the Baylor news this morning but the update was in progress.
G
Guest
scott715 wrote:
looking for the unread post feature. I really liked that to quickly read the new material.



I was going to break the Baylor news this morning but the update was in progress.


Unread posts are found by clicking on "Quick links" in the top left, just below the CougarCorner.com logo and selecting unread posts.
B
byufan4ever
I also like the User Menu on the right side with the New Posts and Notifications (if someone quotes you). If the previous site had those features I never used them or even saw them. I noticed them today and love it!
B
Brayden Green
Looks really nice. Some front end container centering issues on the mobile phone, but the layout looks solid! A much better experience on the phone so far. As a developer, I can help you QA if you need.



Great job!
B
Brayden Green
You might want to add a "target = _blank" to the attachments, etc that people post so that it opens a new tab when they click on attachments, etc. or some other method of handling so that they don't get pulled away from the site. Once you have them in your grasp, don't let go! ;)
Advertisement
J
Jarhead
It definitely looks better on the phone when I am inside a topic, but on the topic selection screen, the formatting is off. Everything is bunched on the left side.
G
Guest
Jarhead wrote:
It definitely looks better on the phone when I am inside a topic, but on the topic selection screen, the formatting is off. Everything is bunched on the left side.

Yeah, I'm aware of that problem, will need to make edits to the existing code. Not sure what the original authors were thinking.
G
Guest
Most phone/tablet screen displays should be better now than they were. I've made some updates. It may require a refresh/cache clear on your device. Let me know what you see.
S
snoscythe
http://24.media.tumblr.com/6dee69b8929ebcb57a017e3ae1318ab0/tumblr_mr3c62jKAx1r5siljo4_250.gif" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
J
Jarhead
It looks a lot better now. Thanks!
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.