Archived Topic

BYU vs UAB game update

by scott715 · 3/17/2016

Advertisement
S
scott715
I'm surprised no one started this. We are up at the half 51-30. KC has 6/6/10. Emery has 17 points. Team has 17 assists.
T
tmoney35
Really entertaining game. The guys are playing loose and with a ton of energy. With all these dunks, at least one better end up on SC!
W
Wolverine
Not to be a Debbie Downer, but I vaguely remember a great half of basketball against Ol' Miss about 1 year ago tonight. Need to finish this one off tonight Go Cougars! :)
B
BoiseBYU
Wow. So far a tale of two halfs!
T
tmoney35
Wolverine wrote:
Not to be a Debbie Downer, but I vaguely remember a great half of basketball against Ol' Miss about 1 year ago tonight. Need to finish this one off tonight Go Cougars! :)


If we lose this game, I blame you! ;)
Advertisement
S
Schmoe
Only our beloved Cougars, this year, could take a 21-point lead at the half and make it a nail-biter.
B
BoiseBYU
I think I just might want to guard Robert Brown a little better.....
S
Schmoe
And now it's back to 21 points. WTF
B
BoiseBYU
A game of streaks like I can't remember for a long time
S
Schmoe
Congrats to KC on yet another Triple-Double. Incredible. Astounding. Amazing. Phenomenal.
Advertisement
G
Guest
KC: player of the game. The team was awful without him and dominating with him. He's the best PG on the team, as well as the best big man on the team.



Nate Austin and Corbin Kaufusi are both terrible.
E
EM_Puma
It was a fun game tonight. I like these NIT games because you get out fans that really want to be there and aren't just coming because they have season tickets.



It was a great BYU day. I spoke with Steve Cleveland on a business level in the afternoon. I ran into Kalani Sitake, Ed Lamb and Steve Clark in Draper and then went to the game.
B
BroncoBot
What does that bring our RPI to?
B
byufan4ever
PER:


UAB.PNG

Man, that first half, I'd look away from the TV for one second and I'd miss a dunk or a three! Give UAB credit for not giving up. They're a good team. But also give our guys credit for making a strong second push.



The thing that worries me is that KC, Fischer, and Emery all played a lot of minutes and we don't have a lot of production outside of them. Seljaas had a good game too, but I don't think that our depth is nearly as good as we thought it was at the beginning of the season. I think Rose has finally realized this and he has really tightened his rotation. But at one point Emery was barely even walking down the court. We really need to pray for no injuries or foul trouble to go far in the NIT. But at least we have home court advantage through the semis!
Advertisement
T
tmoney35
byufan4ever wrote:
at one point Emery was barely even walking down the court.


I was surprised at how gassed he was, and it was only about midway through the first half. Walking down the court, hands and his hips and bent over at every break in the action. The season must really be wearing Emery down.



Props to UAB for not giving up. Brown was a man among boys in the second half
N
nuk13
I'd rather watch a game like this than the string of 1 and done's we've had in the NCAA's.



I watched the highlights and liked Fisher driving and assisting rather than clanking 3's. I was ok with his 3's but appreciated the rest of his game as much or more.



The team really shared the ball well.



KC is an amazing player. I doubt he'll get much post season but he looks All American to me. With him gone who will be willing to distribute the ball next year? It looks like we'll have a strong inside presence but will the ball get to them?
B
BlueK
BroncoBot wrote:
What does that bring our RPI to?


I don't think anyone calculates the rpi after the conference tournaments end.



BYU did move up to #40 on sagarin however. St. Mary's at 33 and BYU at 40 are the two highest rated teams (on sagarin) remaining in the NIT. Sagarin would predict us to win by about 7 points tonight against Va. Tech.



http://sagarin.com/sports/cbsend.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
B
BlueK
byufan4ever wrote:
PER:


UAB.PNG

Man, that first half, I'd look away from the TV for one second and I'd miss a dunk or a three! Give UAB credit for not giving up. They're a good team. But also give our guys credit for making a strong second push.



The thing that worries me is that KC, Fischer, and Emery all played a lot of minutes and we don't have a lot of production outside of them. Seljaas had a good game too, but I don't think that our depth is nearly as good as we thought it was at the beginning of the season. I think Rose has finally realized this and he has really tightened his rotation. But at one point Emery was barely even walking down the court. We really need to pray for no injuries or foul trouble to go far in the NIT. But at least we have home court advantage through the semis!


I don't know that it was Rose finally realizing it as much as it was probably because we hadn't played in 10 days or so and our best players were well rested. We will likely go deeper on the bench tonight. But we'll see.
S
scott715
Did you see that the Conf USA 2 seed took out MSU yesterday? And we blew out their 1. Press is saying that MTSU was underseeded.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.