Archived Topic

rivalry

by nuk13 · 3/8/2016

Advertisement
N
nuk13
I noticed something that might be overlooked. K. Wiltjer was asked if BYU and Gonzaga had developed into a rivalry. He said it lacked one thing: hatred. He talked of how hard both teams fought and yet he liked and respected the BYU players. Coach Few was also complimentary. The contrast between Gonzaga and Utah hit me. After the last Utah game coach K and their AD didn't just complain they cancelled. I didn't think I'd ever say this but if Utah and Gonzaga meet I will be pulling for the Zags.
B
BroncoBot
when was that even a question?



Zags anyday, everyday.



I don't agree. I think this could be a "healthy" rivalry without the BYU vs Utah hate. Frankly I don't care about utah and don't spend my energy "hating" them. Would much rather focus on teams that are worth playing.



GREAT GAME by the zags last night. They were composed and executed. Wiltjer and Sabonis were awesome and they were the better team x 3 this year with one loss.



Classy dudes those bulldogs.
M
McY
BroncoBot wrote:
when was that even a question?



Zags anyday, everyday.



I don't agree. I think this could be a "healthy" rivalry without the BYU vs Utah hate. Frankly I don't care about utah and don't spend my energy "hating" them. Would much rather focus on teams that are worth playing.



GREAT GAME by the zags last night. They were composed and executed. Wiltjer and Sabonis were awesome and they were the better team x 3 this year with one loss.



Classy dudes those bulldogs.


Agree.
S
Schmoe
I think that hate is present in many rivalries and can make them more heated/intense, but I certainly don't think it's necessary. A rivalry can exist simply because two teams play each other close every time out and they play each other often.
S
Sammich
If you read the fans' comments on their forums and elsewhere it's pretty clear that most of their fans hate us, but that's no different than basically every fanbase in the MWC so I guess it doesn't really qualify.
Advertisement
C
Cougs_Rule
Zag players aren't acting like big brothers, even though they are, they are suggesting that a rivalry must have hate, which they have for SMC.
G
Gunk
Sammich wrote:
If you read the fans' comments on their forums and elsewhere it's pretty clear that most of their fans hate us, but that's no different than basically every fanbase in the MWC so I guess it doesn't really qualify.

Basically every fan base in the WCC hates us too.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
A
ABYUFAN
Gunk wrote:
If you read the fans' comments on their forums and elsewhere it's pretty clear that most of their fans hate us, but that's no different than basically every fanbase in the MWC so I guess it doesn't really qualify.

Basically every fan base in the WCC hates us too.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">

Honestly there's a not insignificant portion of our fan base that I can't stand either...
C
CrimsonCoug
Happily, we may all get to root for exactly that. I have Utah and the Zags meeting in the second round, with the Utes choking and the Bulldogs advancing to the sweet 16.

It's gonna happen!
N
nuk13
CrimsonCoug wrote:
Happily, we may all get to root for exactly that. I have Utah and the Zags meeting in the second round, with the Utes choking and the Bulldogs advancing to the sweet 16.

It's gonna happen!

Are you a prophet or what? Can you give me your phone number and thereafter give me tips on where the stock market is going?
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.