Archived Topic

Update on Max Hall....

by frdbtr · 2/17/2016

Advertisement
S
Stirfry
frdbtr wrote:
By Monson of all people. I broke my vow against reading his stuff to read this. I was impressed, Monson did a good job of writing a good personal interest story on one of the best BYU QB's we have ever had.



http://www.sltrib.com/home/3543348-155/monson-max-hall-hates-nobody-now?page=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;


The last time I went to the trib was the third time they ran the max hall story despite no new information.



Last time I listened to monson regularly was when he mocked Jim Boylen right as he was getting fired.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
1
1967cougar
I just read the article. Now I need to go get a shower. I feel so dirty having read something Monson wrote. Also, why does KSL continue to post Kinihan articles in the BYU section? Has he ever had anything good to say about the "Y"?
S
snoscythe
1967cougar wrote:
I just read the article. Now I need to go get a shower. I feel so dirty having read something Monson wrote. Also, why does KSL continue to post Kinihan articles in the BYU section? Has he ever had anything good to say about the "Y"?


http://www.classtools.net/blog/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/c.jpg" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
F
frdbtr
I thought it was very respectful to Max Hall. I hate to give compliments when it comes to Monson but it is true. Before Monson became the jerk that he is today, he used to write stuff like this all the time. I wish he would go back to it.
Advertisement
S
Schmoe
I'll just take everyone's word for it; not clicking, not reading.
C
Cougarfan87
I also thought most of the Ute fans were pretty classy in their comments on the article. Many of them say they have buried the hatchet with Max, even though he hated them at one point, and they wish him well. Some things transcend sports, and struggling with addictions and overcoming them is one of them.
B
Brayden Green
I love Max even more now than I did when he was our starting quarterback. I hope the best for him and his family, and hope that he can cope and recover. And I hope that he remembers that relapse is part of recovery, should it ever come to that. He has thousands of people willing to help.



Addiction is no small thing, and we as a society (especially in Utah, and in the football community) need to take a look at the way powerful medicine is given when other alternatives can and should be available.
A
ABYUFAN
Brayden Green wrote:
I love Max even more now than I did when he was our starting quarterback. I hope the best for him and his family, and hope that he can cope and recover. And I hope that he remembers that relapse is part of recovery, should it ever come to that. He has thousands of people willing to help.



Addiction is no small thing, and we as a society (especially in Utah, and in the football community) need to take a look at the way powerful medicine is given when other alternatives can and should be available.

Agreed... we should take a very very close look at how those alternatives are made available. I can tell you of the amount of those alternatives used, distributed and readily available at high schools here in California.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.