Archived Topic

Temper expectations for signing day

by hawkwing · 2/1/2016

Advertisement
G
Guest
This coming from one of Kalani's biggest proponents and supporters.


694242715345641472
F
Fido
I think I get what he is saying. But I'd say it a bit different. Temper your expectations but don't dampen your enthusiasm. He's not going to flip all (or probably very many) targets who are already committed/heavily leaning elsewhere--got started way too late in the process. But I'm still excited to see who will be on the team and look forward to seeing the 2016 Cougars take shape.
G
Guest
I've said it in other threads, and I'll repeat it here. KS has brought great energy and excitement to recruiting already but I don't think there will be a ton to show for it this year. I expect next year to be where his skills as a recruiter really bear fruit.
F
Fido
So what are your thoughts about how the recruiting class is shaping up (regardless of who recruited the kid)? I kind of get the feeling that people are throwing a wet blanket on it.
G
Guest
Fido wrote:
So what are your thoughts about how the recruiting class is shaping up (regardless of who recruited the kid)? I kind of get the feeling that people are throwing a wet blanket on it.


I think this is shaping up to a very good class for BYU. I'm actually pretty excited by it. What are your thoughts?
Advertisement
F
Fido
hawkwing wrote:
So what are your thoughts about how the recruiting class is shaping up (regardless of who recruited the kid)? I kind of get the feeling that people are throwing a wet blanket on it.


I think this is shaping up to a very good class for BYU. I'm actually pretty excited by it. What are your thoughts?

I agree. Granted many are leaving on missions right away (14 of the 20) but I'm excited to see how things go in spring camp and watch for any surprises on Wednesday. Signing day is always less-productive at work for me. 8)
G
Guest
Fido wrote:
Fido wrote:
So what are your thoughts about how the recruiting class is shaping up (regardless of who recruited the kid)? I kind of get the feeling that people are throwing a wet blanket on it.


I think this is shaping up to a very good class for BYU. I'm actually pretty excited by it. What are your thoughts?

I agree. Granted many are leaving on missions right away (14 of the 20) but I'm excited to see how things go in spring camp and watch for any surprises on Wednesday. Signing day is always less-productive at work for me. 8)

Me too. I won't be disappointed if we don't get a flip, but I wouldn't be surprised if we did get 1 or 2 good flips either. Kalani has an air about him that is just exciting.
S
Screamineagle
The signing class may not be that exciting or surprising.However in my opinion there is something pretty important that Kalani has done already.That is he has held Broncos class together they could of scattered like mice on a sinking ship and instead they stayed committed.I think that is pretty telling and important.Maybe a few have also chosen to come that would not have?
S
Screamineagle
Screamineagle wrote:
The signing class may not be that exciting or surprising.However in my opinion there is something pretty important that Kalani has done already.That is he has held Broncos class together they could of scattered like mice on a sinking ship and instead they stayed committed.I think that is pretty telling and important.Maybe a few have also chosen to come that would not have?

Reading through another thread Jarhead made this point first.It is a good point and I agree or would not have restated on this thread.
B
BOID
I'll be surprised if we don't get two flips. Among the candidates are: Alema Pilimai, Cole Fotheringham, Sione Finau, and Keanu Saleapaga. Could get all four, but more likely one (Finau), or two (Finau and Saleapaga). The one I know least about is Cole, but Alema was quoted as saying that he knows that Cole felt the same excitement about BYU as he did. They had their OV together last weekend.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.