B
BeenBittenKalani is enjoying a recruiting bump right now... however, I see him at BYU a maximum of 5 years. <http://www.beenbitten.com/prediction-kalani-sitake-will-be-at-byu-for-a-maximum-of-5-years/ >
by BeenBitten · 1/28/2016
YNot wrote:
He will definitely leave for Alabama when they offer him $10 million/year after BYU's second NY6 win - likely after Tanner's senior season....
hawkwing wrote:He will definitely leave for Alabama when they offer him $10 million/year after BYU's second NY6 win - likely after Tanner's senior season....
Who could blame him??? :lol: :crazy:
BOID wrote:
The big question is, will Detmer continue to prioritize love over money and stay at BYU as HC if that opens up? He did that for a small parochial high school in TX for years. Detmer will be successful and will get offers, perhaps even HC offers before BYU's top job opens up.
Actually, I dont want to think about either Detmer or Sitake getting bigger offers and possibly leaving. I would hope that BYU will match their offers to keep them home, but that may be hoping for too much. Same thing goes for Coach Lamb. Who knows if we'll always have such home run options waiting at the revolving door?
However, if anybody were to give up big money so he could keep what he loves, that would be Ty.
[ Post made via Mobile Device ]http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
stuckinbig10country wrote:
I would look for a significantly softer schedule in 2018 to attempt to give Sitake his first winning season, but I think if Sitake is gone in 5 years or less, it's not because BYU is winning a lot, it's because he has several losing seasons.
[ Post made via Mobile Device ]http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
TulaneVandyRiceCoug wrote:
Three items:
1. I think Kalani will also be gone after about 5 years because the typical college football shake-up world just tends to lend itself to that.
2. I think our minimum is 6-6. I think we bowl in 2016, but it will be rough to get even to there. My wildest expectations are thinking of a 2-3 loss season--which would be phenomenal with this schedule as an independent. This is a big opportunity year.
3. What's the best way to purchase, sayyyy, ohhhhh, two season tickets? This Detmer offense will be nuts to watch people defend. BYU may have a special one in 2016 baby!!
BeenBitten wrote:
One thing is for sure - the Sitake era is a heckuva lot more exciting already than the Bronco era was.
CrimsonCoug wrote:
How much of Utah 'growing out of it' was due to upping their own game internally vs better recruiting vs better facilities? The latter two are due to P5 conference affiliation--which we won't have. And as much as we all hate the din chorus of Ute voices reminding us that they've arrived at the P5 shangri la, there is some truth to the bump that they've gotten from it. Part if it was due to becoming better by playing against better opponents, but part of is from better perception (helping recruiting) and better money.
Fido wrote:
I have no idea how 2016 is going to work out. But looking ahead to 2017, this is the schedule:
LSU @ NRG Stadium (Houston), Advocare Texas Kickoff
Utah
Wisconsin
BYE
@ Utah State
Boise State
@ Mississippi State
@ East Carolina
San Jose State
@ Fresno State
@ UNLV
UMass
@ Hawaii
Now I expect things to shuffle a little because otherwise there is only 5 home games and no FCS game--but there would certainly be adequate winnable games that season.
And 2018 doesn't get too much softer:
@ Arizona
Cal
@ Wisconsin
@ Washington
Utah State
@ Boise State
Northern Illinois
@ UMass (Gillette Stadium)
Hawaii
@ Utah
I wouldn't be shocked to see BYU put together some struggle years--similar to what Utah did--as they move to more of a P5 schedule. Its growing pains--but hopefully it helps them grow, improve, and get stronger.