Archived Topic

Congrats to Kyle Collinsworth - BYU's all-time assist leader

by SpiffCoug · 1/22/2016

Advertisement
S
SpiffCoug
With an assist to Nick Emery early in the 2nd half, Kyle Collinsworth is now the all-time leader at BYU in assists.



Not too bad for someone who hurts his team w/ selfish play.



:roll:
F
frdbtr
I find it funny that Jazz fans who attribute Greatness and unselfishness to John Stockton pointing specifically to his assist numbers call BYU's all time assist leader selfish.
F
frdbtr
Another triple double by BYU's most selfish player who does nothing but cost BYU wins. :evil:
B
BOID
I doubt anyone will ever catch KC for the record. Ten times in a career is downright crazy. He might even do this twice more for a cool dozen, before the season is over.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
C
Cougs_Rule
I have been one if the greatest and long-standing KC supporters on this site. He is amazing and unique and his record will never be broken. AND, he's not perfect. And he does play selfish sometimes and more careless than is needed and he can hurt the team. But this is history in making. Detmer had more than a rare INT. AND Jimmer had a bunch of TOs as well. KC does not get enough National attention for this spectacular Season.
Advertisement
F
frdbtr
Kyle Collinsworth is a very special player. If he were scoring 30 points per game and not being the all around player that he is this year (with the triple doubles), all the BYU fans would be going crazy over him like they did with Jimmer. What KC is doing this, and last year will never be equaled. I find it funny that Jimmer had a crazy following but KC is being accused of being selfish when BYU loses a game. If KC was surrounded by the talent that Jimmer was his SR year BYU probably would not have lost a game this year. Unfortunately, BYU has a bunch of first time players that are still trying to figure out how to play college ball. KC makes mistakes and, IMO, tries to do to much sometimes but I don't think it is selfishness that is causing him to do that.
B
Brayden Green
Congrats to Kyle.



I stand by everything that I have said re: KColl, and I don't think it wrong.



I am glad that he got this record. It will be cool for him to hold this record for the next 2 1/2 to 3 years.
S
Schmoe
This is an awesome record to hold. However, he does play selfishly sometimes, double however, so does the rest of the team and he seems to take the brunt of the blame.
B
BlueK
Brayden Green wrote:
Congrats to Kyle.



I stand by everything that I have said re: KColl, and I don't think it wrong.



I am glad that he got this record. It will be cool for him to hold this record for the next 2 1/2 to 3 years.


The previous record was more than 20 years old. The burden is on you to explain how this one doesn't stand for a long time.
B
Brayden Green
BlueK wrote:
Congrats to Kyle.



I stand by everything that I have said re: KColl, and I don't think it wrong.



I am glad that he got this record. It will be cool for him to hold this record for the next 2 1/2 to 3 years.


The previous record was more than 20 years old. The burden is on you to explain how this one doesn't stand for a long time.


Well, he is playing alongside the one that will break it, assuming that Emery stays all 4 years, doesn't get injured, and doesn't go pro. The burden isn't on me, exactly. I don't play on the team.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
Advertisement
B
Brayden Green
Schmoe wrote:
This is an awesome record to hold. However, he does play selfishly sometimes, double however, so does the rest of the team and he seems to take the brunt of the blame.


Agreed. He is the senior pg and the self appointment team leader, so it is his burden to bear. I am happy for him and want many many more assists before he is done.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
B
bigbluepuma
SpiffCoug wrote:
With an assist to Nick Emery early in the 2nd half, Kyle Collinsworth is now the all-time leader at BYU in assists.



Not too bad for someone who hurts his team w/ selfish play.



:roll:


Amen. thank you, Spiff.
B
bigbluepuma
Cougs_Rule wrote:
I have been one if the greatest and long-standing KC supporters on this site. He is amazing and unique and his record will never be broken. AND, he's not perfect. And he does play selfish sometimes and more careless than is needed and he can hurt the team. But this is history in making. Detmer had more than a rare INT. AND Jimmer had a bunch of TOs as well. KC does not get enough National attention for this spectacular Season.


Detmer, by his own admission, often tried to force it, sometimes to go for a long pass when a shorter pass was wide open. That cost him a lot of TURNOVERS that he wouldn't have gotten otherwise. Jimmer often forced it when he could have increased his assist numbers and helped the team more. It's not that great a sin in KC. It's part of the personality that makes for great players. It's called drive. It leads to mistakes, but also makes for greatness.
B
BroncoBot
bigbluepuma wrote:
I have been one if the greatest and long-standing KC supporters on this site. He is amazing and unique and his record will never be broken. AND, he's not perfect. And he does play selfish sometimes and more careless than is needed and he can hurt the team. But this is history in making. Detmer had more than a rare INT. AND Jimmer had a bunch of TOs as well. KC does not get enough National attention for this spectacular Season.


Detmer, by his own admission, often tried to force it, sometimes to go for a long pass when a shorter pass was wide open. That cost him a lot of TURNOVERS that he wouldn't have gotten otherwise. Jimmer often forced it when he could have increased his assist numbers and helped the team more. It's not that great a sin in KC. It's part of the personality that makes for great players. It's called drive. It leads to mistakes, but also makes for greatness.

Unless your last name is Carlino that is, then you're just out of control... :whistle:
B
BoiseBYU
KC ain't perfect, but who is? He is going to down as one of the legends of BYU basketball, and deservedly so.
Advertisement
B
BYULV
Brayden Green wrote:
Brayden Green wrote:
Congrats to Kyle.



I stand by everything that I have said re: KColl, and I don't think it wrong.



I am glad that he got this record. It will be cool for him to hold this record for the next 2 1/2 to 3 years.


The previous record was more than 20 years old. The burden is on you to explain how this one doesn't stand for a long time.


Well, he is playing alongside the one that will break it, assuming that Emery stays all 4 years, doesn't get injured, and doesn't go pro. The burden isn't on me, exactly. I don't play on the team.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


Emery is too good a scorer to break the assist record. He will shoot a lot more than assist.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.