Archived Topic

4 Game Road Stretch

by byufan4ever · 1/14/2016

Advertisement
B
byufan4ever
I just realized that we're about to start a 4 game road stretch. At least the Gonzaga game is at the beginning of it and not the end. I realize that these are not all back to back in consecutive days, but still it can be a bit of a drain on the team. Later in the season we have San Diego twice in a row. Who comes up with these schedules? I know it's not easy, but come on.
B
billbillbillbill
I agree this schedule is weird. Having Having 6 of your first 8 conference games on the road, several teams played almost back to back. I really do like a schedule where you play the whole conference once and then play them again. Definitely shows a better picture of the rankings.
W
Wolverine
I think part of the issue with this year's conference schedule is that BYU was off in Hawaii playing in the Diamond Head Classic during the first actual week of conference play. I think I vaguely remember reading somewhere that this created the necessity of finding a landing spot for the San Diego game which resulted in the weird back to back at the end of the season.
B
BlueK
byufan4ever wrote:
I just realized that we're about to start a 4 game road stretch. At least the Gonzaga game is at the beginning of it and not the end. I realize that these are not all back to back in consecutive days, but still it can be a bit of a drain on the team. Later in the season we have San Diego twice in a row. Who comes up with these schedules? I know it's not easy, but come on.


Dave Rose commented on this before the season. He said that BYU has a hard time finding a good tournament to play in because so many of them play one of the games on Sunday. They were able to get into the one they went to this year but it was played when the conference games were already starting. He asked the WCC about it and they assured him they would "take care of us" with the schedule. In Rose's words, he said they "took care of us" so well by making us play 6 of our first 8 conference games on the road. So here we are.



Beating Gonzaga tonight would be tremendous, and we actually did that last year when the Zags were better. However, I feel like the three games after this one at Portland and at LMU and Pepperdine next week that are crucial for us. We just can't lose any of those three. Pepperdine will be the hardest of the three, but it's totally winnable. If we can get through these 4 with 3 wins, it will look pretty good for us as things get much easier with 7 of our last 10 at home.
B
BroncoBot
One down, 3 to go.
Advertisement
S
Schmoe
Now to avoid the letdown game after the big win...
S
Schmoe
Schmoe wrote:
Now to avoid the letdown game after the big win...


Dang it!
G
Gunk
Schmoe wrote:
Now to avoid the letdown game after the big win...


Dang it!

It's your fault!



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
G
Guest
Thanks for the Jinx, Schmoe.
W
Wolverine
hawkwing wrote:
Thanks for the Jinx, Schmoe.

Way to go Schmoe :bug:
Advertisement
S
Schmoe
:~( :sick: :~(
W
Wolverine
Schmoe wrote:
:~( :sick: :~(

At least you are willing to own it. I will give you credit for that ;)
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.