Archived Topic

PC Video Games: Rainbow Six Siege

by hawkwing · 1/12/2016

Advertisement
G
Guest
Anyone on here play video games? I have a PS3 & PS4, but specifically I'd like to ask about Rainbow Six Siege on the PC. Looking for another person to add to our regular Tuesday night group.
B
byufan4ever
hawkwing wrote:
Anyone on here play video games? I have a PS3 & PS4, but specifically I'd like to ask about Rainbow Six Siege on the PC. Looking for another person to add to our regular Tuesday night group.


I love video games. I played Siege when it was in closed Beta and had some fun with it. However, I have not bought it. Too pricy for what it offers. No single player campaign. Counterstrike and Insurgency, both somewhat similar games with no single player campaigns are much less expensive. I do own both of those games. It also is on the high end of what my graphics card can handle so I did have some performance issues while playing it. If it was a lot cheaper and I had a much better graphics card I would own it and I would love to play in your group.



If you ever have another gaming group let me know. I have a lot of games in my Steam library although I tend to not buy the very latest games because I like to get at least 50% off and my 3 year old graphics card has to be able to handle it.
G
Guest
I have Counterstrike as well, but I admit I never play it anymore.
B
byufan4ever
I do have a $50 Best Buy gift card...How many do you currently have and do you play co-op vs AI or MP vs other players? Tempting. I think I'd still wait for it to go on sale (I know it just was) and I'm still a little concerned about my graphics card (it wasn't a major issue, just not a smooth as Counterstrike). And I call dibs on any shotgun characters!
G
Guest
byufan4ever wrote:
I do have a $50 Best Buy gift card...How many do you currently have and do you play co-op vs AI or MP vs other players? Tempting. I think I'd still wait for it to go on sale (I know it just was) and I'm still a little concerned about my graphics card (it wasn't a major issue, just not a smooth as Counterstrike). And I call dibs on any shotgun characters!


There are 4 of us, 3 are very regular, 1 is iffy. We often play PVE, but would be happy to play some PVP especially as we got better. Luckily for you, there are about 4 or 6 operators on offense who have shotguns and almost all of them do on defense, so that shouldn't be a problem.



I really enjoy the game, as soon as it goes on sale I'd recommend it.
Advertisement
B
byufan4ever
Yeah, I played PvE mostly during closed beta. It's really satisfying getting that last kill, isn't it? I think my fav from the limited that I tried was the dude with the sledgehammer. He also had a shotgun. I doubt Steam has a major sale again until Spring though.
J
jvquarterback
I don't play the vids anymore so I only clicked to see what the joke was going to be about politically correct rainbows.
G
Guest
jvquarterback wrote:
I don't play the vids anymore so I only clicked to see what the joke was going to be about politically correct rainbows.

If you're familiar with Tom Clancy, the Rainbow organization is a multi-national team of counter-terrorists to combat terrorism globally.
B
byufan4ever
Well, Best Buy has the game on sale so I got it with my gift card. They didn't even charge me sales tax so I didn't have to pay a penny! So I will install the game tonight. My Uplay username is speersc. I will try to play tomorrow night. What time does your group usually play? I'm in Central Time. What do you use for chat? I have TeamSpeak but can download other services as needed.
G
Guest
byufan4ever wrote:
Well, Best Buy has the game on sale so I got it with my gift card. They didn't even charge me sales tax so I didn't have to pay a penny! So I will install the game tonight. My Uplay username is speersc. I will try to play tomorrow night. What time does your group usually play? I'm in Central Time. What do you use for chat? I have TeamSpeak but can download other services as needed.

We play Tuesdays, usually starting at about 8pm Utah time, sometimes earlier. We use the in-game voice chat.



Just sent you a uplay friend request.
Advertisement
S
SpiffCoug
hawkwing wrote:
I don't play the vids anymore so I only clicked to see what the joke was going to be about politically correct rainbows.

If you're familiar with Tom Clancy, the Rainbow organization is a multi-national team of counter-terrorists to combat terrorism globally.

And the -Six comes from the military tradition of call signs where the commander of a unit is designated as the -Six. The First Sergeant is usually -Five.



So the if you call up the Alpha Company commander on the radio, you'd be asking for Alpha-Six.
G
Guest
SpiffCoug wrote:
jvquarterback wrote:
I don't play the vids anymore so I only clicked to see what the joke was going to be about politically correct rainbows.

If you're familiar with Tom Clancy, the Rainbow organization is a multi-national team of counter-terrorists to combat terrorism globally.

And the -Six comes from the military tradition of call signs where the commander of a unit is designated as the -Six. The First Sergeant is usually -Five.



So the if you call up the Alpha Company commander on the radio, you'd be asking for Alpha-Six.


Exactly right, which I learned from the Rainbow Six book.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.