Any chance we get him back with some wink, wink, you're gonna be the guy in 5 years when Rose hangs it up promises as assistant coach?
I would LOVE to have Rice back.
S
scott715
Rose said Rice might come in and do an evaluation on the team in a couple of weeks.
B
BlueK
scott715 wrote: Rose said Rice might come in and do an evaluation on the team in a couple of weeks.
I'm curious to know what, if anything, NCAA rules say about the use of "consultants." I wonder if Rice can be paid for this, or if he is just doing it as a favor to his old friend Dave Rose.
Advertisement
S
scott715
Consultants are okay. He can't be a coach, working with the players.
B
BlueK
scott715 wrote: Consultants are okay. He can't be a coach, working with the players.
Ah ok, that makes sense. So the key is in how many can actually directly coach players. I read that one of the violations Gib Arnold was hit with at Hawaii was that his director of operations there was coaching players. It's sad to see what happened to him because he was doing a great job there turning the program around and and now his coaching career is probably over.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.