Archived Topic

Football attendance one of BYU's big selling points

by HawkeyeCoug · 1/8/2016

Advertisement
H
HawkeyeCoug
I think one of BYU's big selling points is the football attendance. No one comes close. Though I don't know what our rank is this year, here is what I was able to pull from previous years. I really wish BYU would have this information on their website for all to see.



  • 2015 - #30 - 58,532

  • 2014 - #32 - 57,141

  • 2013 - #28 - 61,225

  • 2012 - #26 - 61,161

  • 2011 - #26 - 60,265

  • 2010 - #27 - 61,381

  • 2009 - #27 - 64,236

  • 2008 - #27 - 64,102

  • 2007 - #27 - 64,497

  • 2006 - #26 - 60,524

  • 2005 - #32 - 58,204

  • 2004 - #33 - 58,475

  • 2003 - #26 - 61,501

  • 2002 - #25 - 62,176

  • 2001 - #26 - 60,450

  • 2000 - #25 - 60,619

  • 1999 - #22 - 65,185


I really think BYU should push for more attendance, even at the price of revenue. Make the upper 10 rows something like $2 for children, and get them out and interested. Do like the minor league baseball teams and have activities for them to do. Let them run the field after the game just like they run around the bases in minor league baseball. Attendance is one of our major draws - push it further, and get a new generation of fans interested.



Finally, we should announce our top 30 ranking with a press release. We should also have Tom out there saying it over the loudspeaker on our first game of the year. State how many P5 teams we beat in each of the conferences.



Go Cougs!!!!!!
S
scott715
Right on. We have to get our message out. Especially now.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.