Archived Topic

Sanderson's Mistborn Books and Essential Oils

by byufan4ever · 1/4/2016

Advertisement
B
byufan4ever
I imagine that there are a number of Sanderson fans here. I'm in the middle of listening to his Mistborn trilogy (just finished the second book). The magic system in this series come from metals and the characters must consume the metals which is usually done by swallowing a liquid which has flakes of metal in it or a beadlet.



Well, just recently I was also introduced to doTERRA (HQ in Utah I believe) essential oils. I saw a case of them with these "vials" of liquid (oils) which can be consumed and there are even some beadlets! I was like, no way, do these give me super powers?!



Anyway, just a fun crazy connection that I made and since Sanderson is LDS and doTERRA is in Utah I thought that I'd share...



On a side note, I can't believe how many series Sanderson can have going at one time! I really wish he would just do one all the way through and finish it before starting another one. It's kinda confusing to me as a reader to jump around between series and then come back much later and forget much of what had happened. I was really into Way of Kings and Words of Radiance, but he's off writing other books before he continues that series. He's an amazing story teller though.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.