Archived Topic

BYU Winter Semester Enrollment

by snoscythe · 1/4/2016

Advertisement
S
snoscythe
Taysom is enrolled in Winter semester classes at BYU.



Jamaal Williams, Charles West, and Isaiah Nacua are not.
F
Fido
I know at one point West was thought to maybe be ready to enroll "as early as" January--but the lack of word since then made that seem unlikely. Hopefully these guys are in after winter semester--though they will miss spring ball, right?
S
snoscythe
Fido wrote:
they will miss spring ball, right?


Yep. The soonest they can work out with the team is summer workouts after this semester. That's a big deal for Jamaal when you remember there will be an entirely new offense to learn for next season.
E
EM_Puma
Saw over at CB that lack of name in directory doesn't necessarily correspond to someone not being enrolled, but none of those on the list surprise me that they are not enrolled.



Taysom enrolled. Hmm. I guess I like to have the problem if he is going to attempt a comeback in college FB to have 2 great QB's. I was encouraged when LE noted in his recent interview of how hard that situation was and that he had to make Jim McMahon take a redshirt and wait his turn. It takes a lot for a player to do that.



Taysom was just such a pleasure to watch play. I don't think I've been enamored with a QB to this degree since Steve Young. Totally because I really like the QB that can excel at passing AND running. I will be surprised still if this indicates he wants to play at BYU. Having to guess, I would deduct this means more that he's heading for the NFL, but wants to start on his graduate studies ASAP. The lack of official comment leads me to believe that no permanent decision has been made yet. Why else would we not hear anything from him? CBM had stated that he'd sit down and find out specifics after the season and if he does, then it will only be because TH followed him to Charlottesville. I don't know what Ty would have said to him thus far.
H
HoosierCougar
If a HS player is graduating early (like the middle of January) are they enrolled at BYU on the 1st day of classes? Or do they wait to enrol until they have graduated?



8) If Hill were going to the NFL, I suspect he'd not be enrolled in classes. Rather, I'd expect him to be training hard for the combine/pro-day.



:love: That said, IIRC, he was slated to graduate in December. With the injury, surgery, rehab, etc., I wouldn't be surprised if he lightened his academic load last semester and is taking a couple classes this semester to fulfill his graduation requirements.



:bug: Color all of that with the idea that just because he is enrolled, doesn't mean he stays enrolled. UVA's calendar says they don't start classes until Jan 20 http://www.virginia.edu/registrar/calendar.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;



:crazy: As for JSwagg... I expected him to be gone 2 semesters. I don't know if I read that or just made the assumption based on what I was seeing in the press.



Charles West? Isaiah Nacua? No speculation on my part.
Advertisement
G
Guest
684456907835191297
F
Fido
The new coaches spoke to the media and must have had a team meeting or something?


684476059304108032

That would be Jamaal Williams and Taysom Hill for those unfamiliar with their twitter handles.
U
urroner
Fido wrote:
The new coaches spoke to the media and must have had a team meeting or something?


684476059304108032

That would be Jamaal Williams and Taysom Hill for those unfamiliar with their twitter handles.


I am pleased Jamaal is back in school. :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:
S
Schmoe
Nope, don't you dare, I'm not letting the hype train take off from the station this early, not gonna do it.... :bug:
C
Cougs_Rule
Seeing that tweet picture of TM handing off to TH was pretty cool. I don't know when the picture was taken, but, we do know what ty has said a out it.

He said the same thing today basically, that he did when interviewed on radio earlier this season. He would use them both.
Advertisement
S
snoscythe
urroner wrote:
The new coaches spoke to the media and must have had a team meeting or something?


684476059304108032

That would be Jamaal Williams and Taysom Hill for those unfamiliar with their twitter handles.


I am pleased Jamaal is back in school. :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:


Jamaal may not be back in school yet. Attending a team meeting is not limited to enrolled athletes.
U
urroner
snoscythe wrote:
Fido wrote:
The new coaches spoke to the media and must have had a team meeting or something?


684476059304108032

That would be Jamaal Williams and Taysom Hill for those unfamiliar with their twitter handles.


I am pleased Jamaal is back in school. :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:


Jamaal may not be back in school yet. Attending a team meeting is not limited to enrolled athletes.


Just heard on BYU Sports Nation, Jamaal is enrolled at BYU this semester. Sno, you scared me man.
T
TulaneVandyRiceCoug
If we have a healthy Taysom, Jswagg, Alge, Squally, Francis, AND Tanner? Wtf...this offense would be crazy good.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
B
BYULV
We are still jumping the gun a little on Taysom Hill; not because he may be transferring, but simply because he may not fully recover. At this point he is still not cleared to participate and I have it on good authority that he likely will not be cleared to participate in Spring Ball. Reading between the lines, it sounds like TH is still trying to decide if he wants to make one more run at football or just move on to one of the great job offers he is reported to have. My guess is he will stay at BYU if he heals and doesn't move on from football. If he decided to move on to another program for next year I think he'd be able to figure it out enough over the summer to be successful in a new offense. Hope he heals and hope he stays.
C
Cougs_Rule
Not just a "new offense", a legit pro style offense that would prep him for NFL even more--if he wants another run, and if he wants to make a run at NFL.

However, he does want an MBA before a job I think.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.