Archived Topic

Draft the All-Bronco Blue & White Teams

by SpiffCoug · 1/3/2016

Advertisement
A
AmmonCougar1
Blue team goes with Kicker Mitch Payne, leading scorer in BYU history with 334 total points and many other BYU, MWC and bowl records.



Go Cougs!!!,

J. Child

Ammon, ID
S
SpiffCoug
White Team selects Safety Craig Bills. You need a guy who can bring the wood from the safety position. He was good in pass coverage too.
A
AmmonCougar1
Blue team selects J.J. Diluigi as it's second and final RB. JJ with his size, tenacity and heart was the catalyst in my youngest son becoming a hardcore BYU fan! Dude is deserving!



Go Cougs!!!

J. Child

Ammon, ID
S
snoscythe
AmmonCougar1 wrote:
Blue team selects J.J. Diluigi as it's second and final RB. JJ with his size, tenacity and heart was the catalyst in my youngest son becoming a hardcore BYU fan! Dude is deserving!



Go Cougs!!!

J. Child

Ammon, ID


.... :skeptic:



J.J. "Lisfranc Posterboy" Diluigi picked over Fahu Tahi, Manase Tonga, Paul Lasike, Algie Brown, and Fui Vakapuna????



I would have picked JJ after aaaaaaaaaaaaalllll those guys. But hey, you could have a future in the Cleveland Browns' front office.
A
AmmonCougar1
I know. I looked at all those. He's got grit... :lol:
Advertisement
M
Mars
snoscythe wrote:
Blue team selects J.J. Diluigi as it's second and final RB. JJ with his size, tenacity and heart was the catalyst in my youngest son becoming a hardcore BYU fan! Dude is deserving!



Go Cougs!!!

J. Child

Ammon, ID


.... :skeptic:



J.J. "Lisfranc Posterboy" Diluigi picked over Fahu Tahi, Manase Tonga, Paul Lasike, Algie Brown, and Fui Vakapuna????



I would have picked JJ after aaaaaaaaaaaaalllll those guys. But hey, you could have a future in the Cleveland Browns' front office.

Which of those 5 finished with more overall yards than JJ?



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
S
SkystheLimit
White selects LB Spencer Hadley.
S
snoscythe
Mars wrote:
AmmonCougar1 wrote:
Blue team selects J.J. Diluigi as it's second and final RB. JJ with his size, tenacity and heart was the catalyst in my youngest son becoming a hardcore BYU fan! Dude is deserving!



Go Cougs!!!

J. Child

Ammon, ID


.... :skeptic:



J.J. "Lisfranc Posterboy" Diluigi picked over Fahu Tahi, Manase Tonga, Paul Lasike, Algie Brown, and Fui Vakapuna????



I would have picked JJ after aaaaaaaaaaaaalllll those guys. But hey, you could have a future in the Cleveland Browns' front office.

Which of those 5 finished with more overall yards than JJ?



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


Every single one of them that played in the same read-option offense that Diluigi played in during 2010 and 2011 when he racked up his yards as the primary back alongside Riley Nelson...oh, wait, none of them played in a read-option offense like JJ, they just all went on to the NFL, unlike JJ.
W
Wolverine
Blue Team selects Kai Nacua at FS. Just don't ask him to be your backup should you get in a brawl at your local Best Buy parking lot late at night ;)
M
Mars
snoscythe wrote:
snoscythe wrote:
Blue team selects J.J. Diluigi as it's second and final RB. JJ with his size, tenacity and heart was the catalyst in my youngest son becoming a hardcore BYU fan! Dude is deserving!



Go Cougs!!!

J. Child

Ammon, ID


.... :skeptic:



J.J. "Lisfranc Posterboy" Diluigi picked over Fahu Tahi, Manase Tonga, Paul Lasike, Algie Brown, and Fui Vakapuna????



I would have picked JJ after aaaaaaaaaaaaalllll those guys. But hey, you could have a future in the Cleveland Browns' front office.

Which of those 5 finished with more overall yards than JJ?



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


Every single one of them that played in the same read-option offense that Diluigi played in during 2010 and 2011 when he racked up his yards as the primary back alongside Riley Nelson...oh, wait, none of them played in a read-option offense like JJ, they just all went on to the NFL, unlike JJ.

Does that mean 0 out of 5? I thought Manase may have had more.



NFL takes into account injuries, of course. You wouldn't say that Luke Staley was a terrible college RB just because he didn't distinguish himself in the NFL, would you?



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
Advertisement
S
SpiffCoug
White team selects CB Jordan Johnson.
S
SkystheLimit
Can you play both sides? If so, Blue selects Vic So'oto DL



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
C
Cougarfan87
White Team selects Braden Hansen, Offensive Line. He was on the Outland trophy watch list as both a Junior and a Senior.
A
AmmonCougar1
Blue team takes O'Neil Chambers as punt returner. One of my favorite players despite never quite living up to expectations and hype. I was present and the game and loved his very first touch as a returner and was bugged by Bronco toning him down when he was pumped. I was present in Las Vegas when despite being sick had a 97 yard return...almost to the house. And I was present when he almost single-handedly kept us in good field position with the pukes when Max and company beat him. Tough choice for me to make him kick or punt returner but considering what he did v. the pukes I'll put him at PR.



Go Cougs!!!

J. Child

Ammon, ID
S
SpiffCoug
Can I choose Mrs. Chambers as Team Mom with Jamal Williams' mom as Assistant Team Mom?
Advertisement
G
Guest
SpiffCoug wrote:
Can I choose Mrs. Chambers as Team Mom with Jamal Williams' mom as Assistant Team Mom?

Maybe the best pick of the week.
S
SkystheLimit
I'm just realizing how little I know about the Offensive Linemen. Is that because I just haven't paid attention (unsung heroes?) or did Bronco just not produced very many really good OL's? I'm also noticing that this is one of the last positions people are selecting, so I figure I'm not alone and its the latter.
S
SkystheLimit
He may not be a popular choice, but White selects JD Falslev on KR. He did both kick and punt return, but he seems to have better numbers on KR. I loved to watch Falslev on returns. Sure-handed, smart and had some great returns.
W
Wolverine
Blue Team selects Michael Yeck OL and White team counters with OL Braden Brown. Both O-Linemen were Phil Steele All-Independent selections. Kind of sad that this is what it has come down to. Wouldn't All Big-12 sound so much better? :~(
S
SpiffCoug
Blue Team selects CB Brandon Bradley who's knee was down in the Utah game in 2010.
Page 3 of 4
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.