Archived Topic

Rose Bowl

by stuckinbig10country · 1/2/2016

Advertisement
S
stuckinbig10country
Really concerned we got the wrong Mormon defensive coordinator from a Pacific 12 conference team.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
T
TulaneVandyRiceCoug
Yeah, the Iowa offense is completely stifled in this one.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
S
Schmoe
All the bowl games today have been awful. It's been a bad day for entertaining football.
F
frdbtr
stuckinbig10country wrote:
Really concerned we got the wrong Mormon defensive coordinator from a Pacific 12 conference team.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


I was thinking the same thing watching that defense.
D
Ddawg
stuckinbig10country wrote:
Really concerned we got the wrong Mormon defensive coordinator from a Pacific 12 conference team.


I agree 300%. Stanford destroyed Iowa - and that team was recruited and put together by Stanford's Recruiting Coordinator Lance Anderson.



A little factoid they told during the game was - Stanford sends more players to the NFL than any other team in the PAC-12. That is huge. That is a big statement. That is great recruiting by Lance - and team development by the Stanford staff.



We shall see ..... that's why I light candles, avoid black cats and keep my fingers crossed.
Advertisement
F
frdbtr
Ddawg wrote:
Really concerned we got the wrong Mormon defensive coordinator from a Pacific 12 conference team.


I agree 300%. Stanford destroyed Iowa - and that team was recruited and put together by Stanford's Recruiting Coordinator Lance Anderson.



A little factoid they told during the game was - Stanford sends more players to the NFL than any other team in the PAC-12. That is huge. That is a big statement. That is great recruiting by Lance - and team development by the Stanford staff.



We shall see ..... that's why I light candles, avoid black cats and keep my fingers crossed.


I am willing to give Kilani his chance, give him his honeymoon and hope he turns out to be a really good coach, but I have a feeling that it was far more important to go out and hire a former Lavell Edwards player than to hire the most qualified guy. For crying out loud Anderson came out publicly that he was interested in the job and didn't seem to even get a sniff from our AD. I guess time will tell if we made a mistake or made a really good hire.
C
Cougs_Rule
Interested until he found out what the salary probably was? And that it was probably a significant pay cut? A non P5 school, etc. we don't even know if all things were equal in comparing side-by-side.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.