Archived Topic

2016 Scholarship crunch

by Fido · 12/30/2015

Advertisement
S
Schmoe
Looking at the news over the past month or so, I think I'd scratch Yale off my list. But yeah, go to Harvard!
B
BYULV
Schmoe wrote:
Looking at the news over the past month or so, I think I'd scratch Yale off my list. But yeah, go to Harvard!


Agreed. Besides, Yale is in kind of a dumpy city and Harvard's locale is great.
S
Schmoe
BYULV wrote:
Looking at the news over the past month or so, I think I'd scratch Yale off my list. But yeah, go to Harvard!


Agreed. Besides, Yale is in kind of a dumpy city and Harvard's locale is great.


It's really too bad, though, because at Yale you could still wear all your Y gear and no one would probably notice the difference.
M
mraven
BYULV wrote:
If I had to make a quick turnaround decision like Torre is facing, get into a place like Harvard or Yale.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


I'm not sure why more of these guys who are smart and good at football, but super long shots at the NFL or NBA don't go to Harvard, Yale, etc. to come out of someplace with that reputation totally debt free is a huge boost up in your career.


My guess is it's because they don't have athletic scholarships at most ivy league schools.
G
Guest
BYULV wrote:
BTW, am I just reading too much into all this, or do the media and many felliw posters seem to be placing the blame of scholarship crunch on the new coaching staff rather than questioning Bronco's and his staff's intentions with the overcommitments?


I'm not seeing a lot of blame being thrown around every coaching staff is going to take risks on guys, either in bringing them in or letting them go. KT is one of those risks by both coaching staffs, Bronco in bringing him in, Kalani in letting him go.
Advertisement
C
CrimsonCoug
mraven wrote:
TulaneVandyRiceCoug wrote:
If I had to make a quick turnaround decision like Torre is facing, get into a place like Harvard or Yale.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


I'm not sure why more of these guys who are smart and good at football, but super long shots at the NFL or NBA don't go to Harvard, Yale, etc. to come out of someplace with that reputation totally debt free is a huge boost up in your career.


My guess is it's because they don't have athletic scholarships at most ivy league schools.


That's right, the Ivy league doesn't allow for athletic scholarships.



That said, if he can get student aid from elsewhere (and most can), Definitely choose Harvard!! Cambridge is gorgeous and the LDS scene is fantastic. I was in the married wards when I was there, but there are 5 singles wards in the stake. The church has been very active in courting the Harvard relationship and making sure that the LDS kids who can get in have a safe landing spot. The Longfellow Chapel is right off campus and has just been rebuilt, and is right across from Henry Wadsworth Longfellow's estate. And the new stake center just off of MIT's campus is unreal--multilevel, parking garage, beautiful parquet basketball court on the second floor.



If you can't do BYU, do Harvard. 8)
Page 2 of 2
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.